Jordan Isn’t Sweating His Legacy | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) can’t be bothered with his reputation as he continues to boisterously defend President Trump amid the ongoing impeachment inquiry.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267645

Well if he isn’t ashamed about looking the other way while his boss was committing pederasty on students, why should he care about helping his best friend screw the country and its history?

27 Likes

Not surprising, he doesn’t care about sexually abused athletics either

15 Likes

If he cared about how he is remembered, or about anything other than his own ambition, he would have reported the sexual abuse of the athletes with whose care he was charged.

Just sayin’.

ETA: we all had the same immediate thought!

16 Likes

Jordan Isn’t Sweating His Legacy

Legacy? Do you mean that stream of cow dung he spews out of his mouth every time he opens it?

4 Likes

It has always been the case that arrogance acts as a blinder to better and more reasoned judgment.

6 Likes

“I don’t care how I’m remembered,” said Jordan.

Well, then, I’ll always remember his as the former State of Ohio employee who didn’t report, as required by law, credible allegations of sexual abuse which were shared with him.

11 Likes

“… he continues to boisterously defend President Trump…”

Apparently, the only way to silence Jim Jordan is to put him next to an Ohio State wrestler being raped.

31 Likes

Jordan is cementing his legacy in his defense of Trump…it is very likely that he will be remembered specifically because he was shuffled to the Intelligence committee in order to be the Republican star to take out the impeachment. His abject failure, and his embarrassing rants, will be part of the record of this impeachment, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up as the poster boy for the Republicans who gave up on their principles, and our republic, in the pursuit of absolute power by defending Trump.

An honorable person considers their legacy, what they will leave behind and what others will have to say about them. The fact that these people have no interest in being considered good after they leave shows how despicable their characters really are.

8 Likes

Jim Jordan Isn’t Sweating His Legacy…

So that’s why he never wears a jacket

8 Likes

Jordan doesn’t care about his legacy, but he’s deeply disturbed that the professor lady thought he was a know-nothing doofus. Got it.

14 Likes

About says it all. Only play Gym Jordan belongs is in jail. Hopefully some of the OSU victims start suing Gym as a facilitator…

3 Likes

““The arrogance that lady had for hillbillies like Jim Jordan from Ohio, or Mark Meadows from the mountains of North Carolina, or anyone across the heartland who voted for this President,” said Jordan, referring to himself in the third person, “the disdain that she had for us, you know, regular folk.””

Teatroll Rosetta Stone: “I feel deeply inferior to and threatened by people with much higher educations and academic achievements than I have, particularly when it is women and/or minorities, and I grew up being taught to hate the people with that level of education, especially those from the coasts, but I cannot admit this to myself, so I project onto them all the arrogance and condescension my cultural resentment training has taught me to believe is the real cause for my discomfort.”

19 Likes

He’s a sociopath and doesn’t possess even an iota of self awareness. And he’s dumb as a fucking bag of hammers.

6 Likes

O/T so here’s another despicable move the Miller administration is pulling on asylum seekers. Basically for those who in the “Wait in Mexico Program” once they’ve been granted asylum they’re told that they still have to wait because all cases where asylum has been granted are being automatically appealed, thus more time in Mexico.

5 Likes

"“I don’t care how I’m remembered,” "

He’s not worried about how history will view him because this is end game. They intend to be the ones writing the history books this time.

4 Likes

Will always be a question around his level of involvement over the course of time that all of the violations occurred… seriously, if you just go by Jordan’s comments it appears that he would contend that it was all speculative … he is so absurdly consumed with denial that it almost raises questions as to whether he was on some occasions - a peripheral participant … seriously … with all of Jordan’s awkward - odd denials - who would be surprised if at some point it came out that he has an instance or two that he has been concealing for years…

4 Likes

End. Game.

1 Like

“The arrogance that lady had for hillbillies like Jim Jordan from Ohio, or Mark Meadows from the mountains of North Carolina

This is what is all about, somehow Trump managed to harness the resentment of hillbillies represented by Jordan and Meadows who make virtue out ignorance.

8 Likes

Jordan doesn’t sweat his legacy of letting his college wrestlers get sexually assaulted by the team doctor, why would he sweat this?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available