Jordan Again Prompts Questions About When He Spoke To Trump On Jan. 6n | Talking Points Memo

I had nothing to do with any of this.

Denying something you haven’t been accused of yet is usually a tell.

“No need to look in the trunk, officer. There’s definitely not a body or anything in there.”

23 Likes

“I’ve talked to the former president umpteen times — thousands, countless times,” Jordan told Brett Baier in July.

Baier then said, “But I mean on January 6, congressman.”

“Yes,” Jordan replied. “I mean — I’ve talked to the President so many — I can’t remember all the days I’ve talked to him, but I’ve certainly talked to the President.”

“There wasn’t anything special about January 6th. I mean, I was working with Trump and others on a daily basis for a long time to subvert and destroy democracy in the United States. There wasn’t anything special about that day such that I’d remember it from any other.”

ETA: “And that work continues, by the way.”

13 Likes

Liar liar
Pants on fire

9 Likes

If Jagoff Jordan is ever hauled before the committee, I hope all of the questioning is by 19-year-old male college students dressed in wrestling onesies, and also force Jordan to stand while answering them just to see if he gets a chubbie. Must see TV!

8 Likes

Exactly the kind of uh…penetrating insight I come here for.

5 Likes

Came here to comment on that too. Interesting choice of word, putting him at odds with the part of his caucus that wants to call it just a tourist visit. Do I smell some fear in the air?

16 Likes

Because January 6th, 2021 was such an ordinary day, and there was nothing really to talk to the president other than discussing the weather…

12 Likes

I remember the room I was sitting in, the person I was sitting next to, the text messages coming in that a plane hit the World Trade Center, that a second one did, the reaction of the people at the table to whispers in the corner, what was said, the response, leaving the meeting to go down the hallway to find someone with a tv on…

I’d also have to spend quite a bit of time to recall what I had for dinner last week.

Some days and sequences of events just stick out, because, I dunno, something major happened.

Gym’s got some major problems here, and he’s not coming up with a whole storyline only because he doesn’t know who has what phone records that might interfere with what he pretends to not remember.

44 Likes

“Donald Trump? I think he got coffee for us a few times.” - Jim Jordan, celebrating the moments of his life.

15 Likes

Being a successful liar is a lot harder than it might seem.

20 Likes

Adding, unsolicited, “Look, I’ve got a butt sniffing app on my phone now. It’s a beta version but it’s like the real thing. I use it all the time and it hasn’t crashed once. The smell of new-mown lawn and brass polish is the next best thing to being with Him. But that doesn’t mean anything. I’m not guilty.”

1 Like

No, it wasn’t an attack, it was a tsunami of tourists!!!

8 Likes

Especially when you can’t trust your co-conspirators or AT&T to back up your preferred version of events.

13 Likes

Is it just my imagination, or does it seem like he has been unusually quiet?

16 Likes

Quieter than a wrestler getting a prostate exam from the team doc after spraining their wrist.

10 Likes

Come for the insight. Stay for the gratuitous Princess Bride references.

LIARRRR__tpb

18 Likes

A plethora of peaceful pedestrians?

5 Likes

I see you are hitting your … stride.

10 Likes

A gaggle of gawkers.

3 Likes

McGovern really got under Gymbo’s paper-thin skin by asking him to say The Phrase That Shall Not Be Uttered!!!

Oh, and Jamie Raskin got Matt Gaetz’s (underage girlfriend’s) panties in a twist, too!

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available