Jim Jordan Defends Trump Tweets | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), predictably, doesn’t think President Trump’s tweets bashing ousted Ukraine ambassador Marie Yovanovitch in the midst of her public hearing are a big deal.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1262577
1 Like

Go sniff a sweaty singlet gym. Asshole

5 Likes

This is a combination of The Godfather and Animal House.

6 Likes

This whole defense of ‘the victim didn’t know, so there was no harm, no foul’ has got to be stopped. Because if this prevails then they will be no “attempted murder, rape, blackmail, ect” charges.

13 Likes

Roofie rapist defense.

15 Likes

What Trump is attempting is witness intimidation, of course the Nazis in the republican party and evangelical churches are fine with that.

9 Likes

Adam Schiff:
“THE GENTLEMAN IS NOT RECOGNIZED!” Now STFU.

12 Likes

The thing that always, if one will pardon the expression, jumps out at me is how the incoherence and shamelessness of Graham, Jordan and Nunes always has the unmistakable affect of fear-driven borderline hysteria.

I don’t really know what they’re afraid of, but they so clearly are afraid of something that, under the circumstances, it is genuinely difficult to avoid the inference of blackmail.

18 Likes

Sure and we all clearly remember you defending Obama’s diplomatic efforts with the same fervor there Gymbob-nopants. Hypocrisy much?

6 Likes

“The witness is testifying. She wouldn’t even know about the quote if Mr. Schiff hadn’t read the tweet,” Jordan said, according to CNN.

Yeah, well, she also wouldn’t have known about the tweet if Chiselin’ Trump hadn’t tweeted it, asshole.

10 Likes

Follow the Acme anvil, doofus.

1 Like

" No Surprise: Jim Jordan Backs Up Trump On His Tweets Attacking Yovanovitch"

Yep ,No Surprise.

1 Like

I try to imagine some of my former gym teachers – or wrestling coach – as a member of Congress. I can’t.
This guy is such a yahoo. Recalls my two – and late – brothers in law, perfect examples of people who overrate their intelligence.

5 Likes

Trying to intimidate Yovanovitch.

Trying to intimidate any other witness who might dare testify to the truth.

If Trump is frustrated, as you claim Gym, then he should go fuck himself. You should do the same.

8 Likes

“Look, when Democrats investigate one crime, and then investigate another crime after that, it means that both crimes are cancelled out!”

8 Likes

What you speak of reminds me of people who dearly wish to report to a higher authority that they have adequately completed an Assignment.

In the film, “Bridge of Spies”, there was a scene which featured bereaved relatives (from the Soviet Bloc), who were quite emotional, until, minutes later, they weren’t and then quietly left the room.

2 Likes

Jordan has NO INTEGRITY -

he has imprisoned himself in a maze of LIES about the perverted activities that it are clear that he ignored, dismissed and now he is evading discussion of details - because the walls are closing in -

There is something seriously amiss in this slime-ball - he mimics Trump’s total inability to shoulder any responsibility for things in which he bears a degree of responsibility - it is now implausible that he knew absolutely nothing - some time ago he could have copped to having has some peripheral sense that something might have been questionable - but that he was in no position to conduct an investigation - and he was assured that the matter would be addressed on a higher level… but no - he rejected that he was determined to remain pristine and deny all knowledge - even the knowledge that he had …

So he has mastered the fine art of lying to himself - so that he can then lie to others … and then tell lies about others to provide support for the lies he has told to himself …

… time to go to the betting window to place $20 on Jim Jordan as the next Ted Haggard

• only question - with or without - - the rampant crack use story line …
2 Likes

Gym Jordan was on “All Things Considered” on NPR. Every time, he would go off on this tangent about conspiracy theories and OT talking points. Each time, Audie Cornish, the host, kept on him to answer her question, which he never did. She finally had to cut him off.

Why do people still quote him or even ask him to talk? I know he’ll always have gig on Fox Propaganda, but the regular media outlets should just turn off the audio whenever he comes on.

8 Likes

If Witness Tamperin’ Trump hadn’t tweeted it. FIFY

6 Likes

I think I’d want to know if the bully on the block put a target on my back, even if I didn’t hang with the bully’s crew.

3 Likes