Jan. 6 Panel Investigating Pentagon Reax To Capitol Insurrection | Talking Points Memo

Ok - but only if you first tell me what histamines are good for

2 Likes

They sure are! Yesterday I had to stop therm from carrying off my cat! Well, that may be a slight exaggeration…

3 Likes

Usually I’m against that sort of jargon.
Or not against exactly since it’s a natural thing that happens in language even if it is jarring.
Stuff like “let’s action that”.
But reveal is not really one of those cases.
(Picture from my dictionary below.)
Note that the noun usage is 700 years old.
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.53.04 PM

I’d use revelation though, myself.

1 Like

Charlie (Flynn), is not too bright, not too educated, and out of harms way in the South Pacific, I think. He will slink into the sunset, IMHO. Army has not put out the best or the brightest in the past few years, except, of course, the Vindman twins. I hope both of them have a bright future!

2 Likes

There is a very good reason Jen has already decided she will be leaving the WH Press Sect’y position soon. – Intelligence. Who could blame her with the crazies there.

Honestly - the media appointed to the WH Press Pool (?) is ridiculous. Shmegegge. I watched a presser with the Pentagon press pool. They seemed to be so much smarter.

1 Like

I’m sorry, Scorpion, you must have confused the posters on TPM for normal people, who would normally like to respectfully and genuinely converse with other posters. But, nevertheless, welcome, at your own peril.

1 Like

I always remembered rxn, and redox rxn

1 Like

Hey Darr, That was my job. I most always got second authorship (and that is cuz I always did most of the work!) But that meant I had to do all the rewrites when the reviewers came back with their critiques. It was work way, way over my pay grade. But I expect you know that game.

We need to go back to square one. CMS must be dissolved. We will start anew with Universal Health care, eliminating all need for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Health Insurance, And then, completely reign in Big Pharma and the durable medical equipment industry.

Like I have often said, we need some lofty visions for medical care in this country. Nothing less will suffice.

Lately I’ve been thinking alot
About how fortunate we are to
Really have such a very
Dedicated press corps to inform
All of us frequently about
Serious risks to democracy and
Severe threats to our people.

3 Likes

If you ax that question once more, then you will have reaxed it.

2 Likes

Yeah.

But, most of them just walked away under their own power.

1 Like

Or Stayedoverture.

1 Like

I understand that she’s a pretty good shot.

1 Like

I woke up, disoriented like always, and above my head there was a story on a monitor in which a Congressperson named Cheney was going to investigate the military…
I stopped right there, because I was mistaken; apparently I hadn’t woke up. But Liz Cheney’s in my dream? As opposed to, say, Gal Gadot? Will there ever be justice?

Why didn’t the headline writer go with the following?

Jan. 6 Panel Investigating Pentagon Reax To Capitol Insurrex

We had veal for dinner yesterday. We didn’t finish it all, so our dinner today was reveal.

2 Likes

That is way more disturbing imagery than anything I saw on January 6th.

4 Likes

So, human deaths are the only deaths that count?!?

OT but…

There are no words

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available