Jan. 6 Panel Hearing, Round Four: MAGALand’s Pressure Campaign On The States - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Impatience is a bug, not a feature. I have every expectation that Fat Boy is going to get charged with one or more felonies this year or next (I seriously doubt DOJ would let it linger into 2024). Conspiracy to defraud the United States is a layup at this point. Conspiracy to impede or injure a public official seems real strong too. And I am content to let them play out the string on conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding because I want the motherfucker to die in prison, not just spend 6-12 months there.

Note 1: I stand by my prediction that he will stroke out pending sentencing because his brain will never allow him to suffer the indignity of spending even a single night in jail.

Note 2: It’s plausible, though not particularly likely, that Fat Donnie will be denied pretrial release because he presents an ongoing threat to public safety.

9 Likes

:100: :100: :100: Agreed!!! :100: :100: :100:

I bet if he does go to a jail somewhere that first night will be his worst.

4 Likes

My last pup needed no leash on neighborhood walks. If I stopped for some reason she’d sit by me. She taught herself that. She was not impulsive as many pups are. We were best friends. She was well known at our local Ace hardware store. At 12 weeks of age she was potty trained. The idea of “outside, please” took twice for her to get the idea.

2 Likes

I will when Neville grows a fucking spine and stops hiding behind some idiotic DOJ memo from the fucking 1970s. Its very existence puts the lie to the pathetic notion that “no one is above the law.” Fat Trump will nto be prosecuted. Mark my words.

Once again, you show no knowledge of how the DoJ works.

Garland’s job is largely policy oriented.
The J6 investigations are being run by the US Atty for DC and other DoJ lawyers.

Several grand juries are actively working on the J6 cases, including Trump’s involvement.
Like all Grand juries, their deliberations are secret.

No DoJ memorandum from the '70s has anything to do with the J6 investigations.

Your continued refusal to understand how these thing are done doesn’t speak well of your intellectual abilities—but your whining and carping certainly tells us that you’re still pissed that you didn’t get that unicorn for your birthday.

6 Likes

How about “flight risk”?

2 Likes

Also plausible, but I think pretrial services can probably mitigate the flight risk with an ankle monitor. And of course, he’ll have to give up his passport, not that lack of one would result in him getting denied entry to the Emirates or wherever.

2 Likes

Custer’s Last Words: “Well, at least I don’t have to go back to North Dakota.”

3 Likes

LOL. Sometimes I think we’d feel better if we could die of embarrassment in those moments, instead of having to suffer through them. But we’ve all been there, so hopefully that person got over it. Besides, the person worked with dogs, right? I doubt it was their first time encountering inquisitive sniffing!

(I should add on the skirt issue… that I’m specifically talking about comfortable stretchy cotton knit skirts and leggings. The kind you can pull on and move around easily in. otherwise if they’re too tight or constricting, it’s not so comfortable. I tend to stay away from zippers.)

2 Likes

Ummmmm… You do realize that Garland wasn’t at DOJ when the Mueller report stuff came out… And that that memo only refers to sitting presidents, so isn’t at all applicable in this instance now that he’s out of office.

1 Like

several years back I when I used to watch or listen to all the Sox games, I was visiting friends in NYC for a week during a Sox/Orioles series that was important to the standings. I found a list online of Red Sox friendly bars in NYC… there are some! I ended up at a bar/restaurant on Christopher St. on a Sunday afternoon watching with these long-time Sox fans that regularly went there. It was a fun way to watch a game.

I even saw a couple other people on the subway w/ Red Sox attire, which I thought was brave. Then again, the Yankees were in the cellar that season so maybe the vitriol was somewhat subdued.

2 Likes

Oh okay. Never mind then.

A) they do not sit on the Supreme Court
B) they have both proclaimed that their Religious beliefs do not dictate their political decisions.
C) Assholes like C. Thomas and the handmaiden are so blinded by their catholic brainwashing that they should Never be allowed to make any decision that affects anyone other than themselves. Throw in Alito and Kavanaugh also. People who force Their religious beliefs on others are in violation of the First Amendment of the Constitution AND the INTENT of the Founders.

1 Like

You mean like Sonia Sotomayor.

1 Like

This court is made up almost entirely of extreme rightwing Catholics. That has been a Republican aim forever. There are Catholics like Sotomayor, Biden, Pelosi et al who understand that their personal faith is their faith, and that they do not have the right to use their political power to force their personal beliefs on others. This abuse of power by the majority on the Court means that there must from now on be a religious test for candidates for the Court.

No.

Gored your particular ox, did I.

Nope.

I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch that. Did you just say “my initial statement that any Roman Catholic should be a priori disqualified from service on the court was incorrect”?

1 Like

Al Smith and Jack Kennedy would like a word…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available