Jan. 6 Defendants Keep Trying To Be Their Own Lawyers | Talking Points Memo

10 Likes

There were. Rumsfeld literally had the receipts. Still a mystery where exactly they all ended up.

5 Likes

Survey Says…

*Ooops…can’t leave out Molly !

17 Likes

What utter tripe. In their dreams.

4 Likes

Complications from Covid and he may have had some underlying conditions as well.

2 Likes

He was 84, so sure

3 Likes

Too bad this will not be televised which we know he would love and lie through his teeth.

4 Likes

What histrionic one-note jerks like MTG never get is that people get bored. FatAss is beginning to see smaller crowds because he just repeats the same thing ad nauseum. MyPillow promises another and yet another and yet another “Return of FatAss” which doesn’t materialize, Ghouliani and Sidney Powell are gonna release the Kraken which also never materializes…more convictions of 6 Jan perps…fraudits only turn up more votes for Biden

Promises, promises but no results, so people start to get bored.

MTG is turning into a big yawn. Gaetz isn’t yet a yawn, only because his pedo-trafficking case is still building up, thanks to his former BFF.

Nothing is more deadly than becoming a bore.

38 Likes

Cancer survivor from prostate cancer.

5 Likes

Please tell that to Hollywood, who keeps insisting that the only movies people want to see are comic-book superheroes or remakes of old movies

20 Likes

On the same film stage where they faked the moon landing would be my guess…

6 Likes

I guess it’ll be recorded one way or another…or should be.

2 Likes

I actually have been telling them in that I don’t waste my money on such movies.

Problem is, they don’t listen to old fogies like moi.

6 Likes

The interview transcript obtained by the HuffPost also showed one of the FBI officials giving a weirdly Fox News-esque view of the insurrectionist’s predicament.

And when you read that part of the transcript, where they tell him, in effect, that they want him to tell “his” truth, and that he should also want to tell his truth because, otherwise, the bad guys (“antifa, BLM, and the Huffington Post”) will tell it for him, well, guess what happens?

His truth turns out to be the same: what the insurrectionists did was stupid, and he’s a piece of shit.

17 Likes

Former Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Colin Powell, died of Covid’s complications at the age of 84.

Powell was previously diagnosed with multiple myeloma. This is a type of blood cancer that impairs the body’s ability to fight infections.

18 Likes

That was the FBI baiting the suspect. Typical good cop/bad cop ploy.

11 Likes

We vaccinated folks are resistant but not immune to COVID 19. We run a one percent or less chance of death from infection, but it is still one nasty illness to suffer. And we are not immune from all the insults to out health that a bout of COVID can cause. Nearly two years on now and we still hesitate to be around people in stores, restaurants, and air lines. And so economic recovery will be a long slow process.

This is Trump’s murderous legacy that he cultivated it to stroke his ego.

22 Likes

Cannot be repeated often enough.

14 Likes

Plus, he wants to deprive grandparents and other non-birth parents of the child credit. Because nothing says stability and ample resources like having Grandma raising the little ones. I would think this new demand would hit Manchin’s constituents especially hard. Economic hardship destroys nuclear families and WV has lots of economic hardship.

28 Likes

It’s Xi’s.

Don’t let anger at Trump cloud where the real responsibility for the whole pandemic lies.

As we’ve seen with the spread across the globe, there were only mitigation strategies that could push off some of the impact for a time, no ability to stop it once it got going (and the few exceptions like New Zealand being literal islands, and now even they have given up on trying to keep it out, as it’s just not possible).

Plenty to condemn him for for not encouraging the right practices and making it political, but that it exists isn’t his fault. That’s Chinese experimentation and coverup that allowed it to be released, and not contained before it was too late to stop.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available