Jan. 6 Committee Rejects Jim Jordan’s Demands

The Jan. 6 Select Committee on Tuesday dismissed Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH)’s list of demands as it issued a stern warning to comply with its subpoena by the end of next week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1417498
1 Like

Time to get your story straight.

17 Likes

It’d be nice if the DOJ could find the time to indict a few of these criminals.

16 Likes

48 Likes

According to Republicans, Congress* has no authority to investigate an attempt by a sitting President** who tries to disrupt Congress from doing it’s work.

• when it’s controlled by Democrats

** when the President is a Republican

34 Likes

“Jordan has become defensive while issuing meandering and contradictory statements including frequently claiming that he could not recall the amount of times he spoke with Trump on the day of the attack.”

My favorite Bill Maher quote, “If a person cannot recall sending a dick pic, they sent a dick pic.”

38 Likes

Is that true for women, too?

1 Like

Don’t be silly - that would imply that women are people. /s

10 Likes

Poor Gym got his feelings bruised…

8 Likes

Like I’ve said, Gym has more dirty little secrets to hide than an OSU doctor.

25 Likes

I can’t remember if I sent this to you.

20 Likes

Women can’t send dick pics, they don’t have dicks… or at least they didn’t used to back when I was young…

Every time Jim Jordan smirks, a college wrestler gets his prostate exam.

(h/t Frank Capra)

40 Likes

Yes, if their significant other is named Dick.

10 Likes

Oh, really?!?

I woman that I know sent me this dick pic:

38 Likes

Jordan should be very concerned at this point…not Collins-concerned, real-concerned. Thompson explicitly said that their investigation had information not related to his Congressional duties that they want to discuss with him. He is not protected legally in any way if he does something bad outside of those duties. They apparently have evidence that he was involved in something…maybe just as a witness, maybe they just want his side of the Trump conversations, maybe something that shows he was deeper in the conspiracy to overthrow the government. Whatever it is, they have the goods on him…they are giving him a chance to respond to them, under oath, with his side of the story, and if he refuses it really makes him appear guilty. When the evidence comes out, he will probably regret not getting ahead of things by testifying, especially if the evidence is forwarded to DoJ.

Nothing would please me more than to see Jordan perp walked out of the Capitol…he’s a prime example of the douchebags that are ruining our nation.

59 Likes

They just send a picture of Bill Maher. Same thing.

17 Likes

The committee did offer him a dignified response to his undignified request.

“We are aware of numerous meetings, calls and communications that we would like to discuss with you, none of which relates to the electoral certification or even to your role as a Member of Congress,” Thompson wrote.

My reading of this letter reveals the committee’s knowledge that Jordan’s attempt at a coverup of his Jan 6 activities is as convincing as his combover.

39 Likes

Now, whose jock strap was snapped??

13 Likes

eeew. I hope you reported her to HR.

12 Likes