James O’Keefe Is Gone From Project Veritas — But He Wasn’t Fired

James O’Keefe, founder and chairman of the conservative media outfit Project Veritas, has left his position within the company amid employee complaints. But its board insists that they didn’t fire him – they claim they didn’t even want him to resign.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1448801

Can’t call him a weasel, because weasels have merit.

5 Likes
8 Likes

So, they were going to bring him back.

5 Likes

Firing him has a negative impact on the revenue stream, just like when Fox admitted that TDFFG lost Arizona. Spin it.

My prediction: O’Keefe will start a new company that does the same thing.

6 Likes

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

6 Likes

at one point using $20,500 in “excess benefits” to play a lead role in a Virginia-based production of the musical “Oklahoma!”

Funniest thing I have read in a while. Please tell me there is YouTube video.

13 Likes

Just another predictable right wing demonstration of the fable of the scorpion and the frog.

7 Likes
10 Likes

Fortunately for this shitweasel, there are ample opportunities for liars at the moment.

GOP Congressman…

2 Likes

Wow - he missed his real career as a third rate dinner theater star. No wonder he always wanted to play a role in his inane fiascos, like “white pimp man”.

You are an evil genius, BTW.

9 Likes

If you can stand it, here is James O’Keefe doing an unintentional self-parody that rivals Jim Carry’s parody of Vanilla Ice (“White, White, Baby”).

4 Likes

I think I can sing that well. And I can’t sing.

6 Likes

Better headline - Project Veritas creates ratfucker emeritus position for founder.

8 Likes

He was Project Veritas… and a cash cow.

I doubt it was a few disgruntled staff that caused the board to sideline him – one or more high-end donors must not have been happy about some expenditures.

Conservative grifters always seem to think that they can’t be supplanted or that there’s an unlimited amount of MAGA money floating around - until the brand starts fading.

Only the really good ones survive – see Wayne Lapierre at the NRA.

8 Likes

Psychopath. Ax murderers are just an extreme form. They’re all over the GOP.

3 Likes

Try also the 1955 flim on DVD for 4 bucks.

3 Likes

Holy shit. As a big fan of Broadway productions, that is painful to watch.

Note: In North America, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! is currently available for amateur licensing only.

The ‘amateur’ part is the only mark they hit.

7 Likes

Project Veritas plan: Create a ruse, preserve the grift.

3 Likes

"an excessive amount of donor funds in the last three years on personal luxuries.”

Isn’t that the whole point? See: NRA, TFG’s inauguration committee, TFGs cancer “charity” TFGs PAC, etc etc etc. It’s just a grifting machine. Or maybe he’s too dumb to skim off a commission on the ad buys, like everyone else does.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available