James Murdoch Resigns From News Corp Board

A very fine person, no doubt.

2 Likes

I know.

I said she was and is a physically beautiful woman. But she was an absolute disaster as an actress.

The Stones never lacked from a continual following of beautiful women.

1 Like

That seems to be an edited version of an Peter Maass article published earlier by The Intercept.

This is the other version: https://theintercept.com/2019/03/30/lachlan-murdoch-fox-news/

This is interesting by Jane Mayer: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house

How can you tell the black sheep of a family full of black sheep?

Bryan Ferry sang to you personally.
Also a big fan of Roxy’s lead guitarist Phil Manzenera and his exploits with Brian Eno in 801.

Want an album a couple decades ahead of its’ time?
Find 801 Live from 1976.

2 Likes

James has been called the “liberal” Murdoch. It’s not just climate denial that irks him but the gross distortions of reality FOX pushes and the damage it’s done to America. But it doesn’t mean much. His brother is a wing nut like daddy and he’ll be the next Murdoch running the show.

2 Likes

I always thought of Bryan Ferry as a lounge lizard, but in the best way possible. A crooner.

1 Like

Chip off the old block, in other words. A sociopath just like daddy.

I’m pretty sure it was over this:
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1289246303369617408

Indeed. One might be tempted to think he has a particle of remorse for Faux News’s support for Fascism, but I think it more probable that he is angry about being outflanked by OANN.

I think he had a child with a Brazilian model. But yeah, Jagger has always been a total jerk to the women in his life.

1 Like

This is actually not good news, he’s a liberal and he and his wife donate to Democratic candidates and causes all the time. I’m surprised he lasted this long on the board.

1 Like

Context? James Murdoch and his wife have each donated over 600K to the Biden campaign.

1 Like

I’ve cited this article many times, it was an eye opener but probably confirmed what we already suspected.

1 Like

It’s the way of rock stars, isn’t it. They marry arm candy women usually models and their fans foolishly expect them to emulate ordinary couples’ marriages, faithfulness and all that.

1 Like

Is ot like he is going to go and get a real job. He will still be receiving tons of money from Fox Corp, is like the son of slave ship owner appalled of the conditions, refuses to participate running the business, but still demands his share of the inheritance.

1 Like

Which he then uses to address the underlying issues. As @rhanch just pointed out, he and his wife have already donated more than #2 million to get Biden and other Democrats elected. Maybe you don’t think he should have a seat at the table, but can we let him stand at the back of the room for a while?

“Yeesh…”

1 Like

Well, except when he married Bianca, they played the theme from Love Story. Charlie Watts has been married to the same woman his whole Stones career. Keith Richards seems to have been a two time serial monogamist. I saw a documentary about Bill Wyman where he actually claims to have been the Stone who bedded the most groupies, and even he settled into a marriage. But yeah, the rock star life, like you say.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available