It Takes A Village To Bring Down A Tyrant

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486395
1 Like

81 Likes

Hopefully the Mayor of Crime Scene Mal-d-Lardo will be fined a few more thousand dollars AND be threatened with jail Tuesday when the judge addresses his violating the gag rule. Have a great weekend, y’all!

55 Likes

Good morning, Puppy.

35 Likes

That little black nose always brightens my morning.

28 Likes

For the last 8 years, the media has treated Russian election interference as a story (they couldn’t very well avoid it, what with Trump in 2016 publicly inviting Russia to dump the emails they stole from Hillary: “Russia, if you’re listening . . ."), but a story to be handled like UFO or sasquatch sightings. The stories were always full of “alleged” this and “discredited” that.

But what our instincts told us was true was exactly what was going on:

75 Likes

I think it’s going be the incredulity, and we are going to have to be prepared to document and explain the kakistocratic plutocrats who were his shadow support along with the socio-cultural trends that created a pool of potential support for that dog’s breakfast.

45 Likes

Do DT and his lawyers actually think that trying to strike jurors who say “no one is above the law” is a good look?

71 Likes

Biden wants to cap the junk fees banks can impose.

The banks don’t like that and here comes Tim Scott to fight for the big banks and overturn the Biden rule!

56 Likes

From the NYT liveblog:

Trump has taken his seat. His hair is uncharacteristically messy. Like the wind hit it on the way into court.

34 Likes

“As a nation, we began by declaring that ‘all men are created equal.’ We now practically read it ‘all men are created equal, except negroes.’ When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read ‘all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.’ When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty – to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.”
― Abraham Lincoln, Lincoln Letters

87 Likes

Caption: This is my domain, hooman!

27 Likes

I miss having regular opportunities to post the Bachmann corn dog picture.

34 Likes

Israel Strikes Inside Iran Overnight

It must put Trump’s bronzed, pock-marked nose out of joint that he can’t lumber forth and say crazy shit about the attack on Iran because he’s stuck in court.

43 Likes

The hair is beginning to resemble the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.

23 Likes

Anyone here think that Juror #2 has legitimate legal grounds to sue the shit out of Jesse Watters for invasion of privacy or harassment?

62 Likes

Where is Jimmy Fallon when DT needs him?

7 Likes

My cat, Mr. Bates, would jump over two chairs and a sofa to attack whatever that is.

46 Likes

“This is my domain, hooman.”

Chairman Meow

54 Likes

Who is willing to wager that Bibi called TSF before calling President Biden?

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available