Installing Trump Official As Top NSA Lawyer Shows ‘Disregard’ For NatSec, Pelosi Tells DOD | Talking Points Memo

Pull his security clearance on Thursday.

ETA. I see @dwward thinks faster than me.

8 Likes

Holes, gotta count them all

I read the news today oh, boy
Four thousand holes in blackburn, lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the albert hall

9 Likes

Clearing the government of Trump detritus qualifies as real work.

7 Likes

Wait a minute…Devin Nunes Cow is a TRUE patriot and lover of truth!

9 Likes

Just fire his ass, inform him he’ll be arrested for trespassing if he tries to come back in the building, and let him pay a halfway competent lawyer if he wants to do anything about it. The point is to get him the hell out of there, not to try to avoid a possibly meritorious lawsuit.

28 Likes

[Acting Defense Secretary] Miller ordered NSA Director Paul Nakasone to install Ellis as NSA general counsel

Acting on behalf of a twice impeached Chief Executive, found to have had questionable dealings (at best) with Russian intelligence and international organized crime figures, to pick the top lawyer at the National Security Agency.

Seems to be a flakey merit system to me.

9 Likes

Is West Dungbeetle anywhere near East Bunphuq, Nebraska?

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen, since he’s Senior Executive Service (SES) his position can be delayed while they review it and then could reassign him to something lower-level or freeze him out until he quits, but Biden can’t fire him.

9 Likes

OT

26 Likes

East Bumfuck is in Arkansas.

And West Dungbeetle is the 6th largest city in Nebraska.

6 Likes

Yep; same county.

2 Likes

“Dominion Voting Machine And My Total Pillow Landscaping”.
FIFY

6 Likes

The FDA has a divisional office in Pembina, North Dakota. I’m sure something could be found for him to do there.

11 Likes

“Once a candidate is selected through the merit system, given an offer and meets the requirements to be entered into the position, if that entry does not happen it exposes the Department, Agency and senior leadership to claims for a violation of the merit system principles and processes that are designed to protect the participants in such selections,”

I have no issues with the Senior leadership being held to account for this guy not getting placed.

This action smacks of something designed to protect the guilty parties, so they should just tell them to fuck off and fire this guy. IF he has the proper merits I am sure Biden will install him.

5 Likes

Yes, East Dungbeetle is only about 1/4 the size.

1 Like

I did use lower case ‘cow’ to indicates his actual cows. :wink: I know @DevinNunesCow is beyond reproach!

1 Like

He’s not going to be doing anything beneficial, so just make this a no-show job. Many street soldiers in the mafia have those jobs. Just call him in to a sit-down and tell him that he’s going to be keeping an eye on the Fulton Fish Market (it doesn’t make any difference that the fish market no longer exists), and that there’s no need for him to show up at the NSA. It’ll be worth the salary he’s paid to keep him away.

4 Likes

Seriously there has to be a way the folks who know the bureaucracy can suggest to settle his hash. This is bush-league vandalism and there’s no way it’s going to stand.

15 Likes

Susan Hennessey believes he can be removed for cause.

In other words, the events of the past 48 hours render the technical questions over selection irregularities moot (though we still need to get to the bottom of what happened.) These are exceedingly clear grounds to independently remove or reassign Ellis, for cause.

— Susan Hennessey (@Susan_Hennessey) January 17, 2021

ETA:

One of the many reasons to doubt integrity of selection process is that Ellis is the subject of at least one DOD IG complaint for misconduct and whistleblower retaliation. IG hasn’t indicated whether investigation is ongoing or even if he was consulted as part of hiring decision. https://t.co/tudgFPcX6F

— Susan Hennessey (@Susan_Hennessey) January 17, 2021
17 Likes

She is the cream of the crop…er…herd.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available