Installing Trump Official As Top NSA Lawyer Shows ‘Disregard’ For NatSec, Pelosi Tells DOD | Talking Points Memo

It’s like watching the clock during math class.

3 Likes

Clock?

The problem with it being so cloudy up here… you lose track of time.

1 Like

I think a contractor runs it for DOD now. I think still a refueling / emergency base/ radar installation.

But still far, far away!

1 Like

Please
R
E
L
A
X

It’s all going to be a-OK. Don’t let the media hype and some nattering nabobs on the intertubes keep you fearful. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are gonna be well and safe and will be in charge of our government for the next 4 years, at minimum…

1 Like

Don’t doubt that. As I recall, there’s no absolute requirement to hire the highest scoring candidate. Normally, if someone wants to protest a competitive hiring, that would be a factor. Frankly, any competent(!) federal manager knows how to game the system to ensure that their desired candidate is at least a finalist in their selection process.

2 Likes

Absolutely the easiest way to rid yourself of a non-performing employee in the civil service is to require them to do their job, and update yourself on their work frequently to make sure. A really poor employee will voluntarily leave the job on their own.

If, on the other hand, they perform well, counter to expectations, then the problem has resolved itself.

2 Likes

and on the wrong side of the tracks.

1 Like

It’s not good when I read your post and get this mental image of you

You need more

2 Likes

You have to understand what he sees outside the window.

The last time William Shatner flew on Trump Airlines

2 Likes

Yes, the Senior Executive Service has two types of positions: “General” (which are policy positions and can be political); and “Career Reserve” (which have to be filled by a person who has prior career government service or is certified by the department’s personnel office as having equivalent experience).
This General Counsel position is “Career Reserve”. Any person in a Career Reserve position can be moved to another SES job, but the decision to move that person can be delayed by perhaps 90 days if that person objects. Based on what we know, I’m certain that the Ellis selection violated all the required selection procedures. It was clear that he wasn’t the most qualified and, almost certainly, didn’t have enough experience to even be added to the certification certificate. It will be overturned.

In the meantime, the NSA director will - I am certain - require that nothing be approved unless the Deputy General Counsel has also approved it and has initialed the document, and that the General Counsel never be allowed to attend any meeting, unless accompanied by the Deputy General Counsel. Although I have no inside information, I suspect that the Deputy General Counsel also applied for that GC position and was passed over for the GC. That will be reversed.

4 Likes

Give him a lawn chair along with a set of these and tell him it’s vital intelligence gathering.

1 Like

I doubt Speaker Pelosi would have written this letter without at least the tacit approval of the Biden Administration. I expect they’ll do something along the lines you’re suggesting, sooner than later.

1 Like

One gander at what’s on that secret server, and I’ll bet this guy’s out of a job.

1 Like

06e07ab9cdabe4eee5f483da1671096f

Undeniable

tenor - 2021-01-18T184409.991

1 Like

c64356b183d414929558efae6e35277d93af9ad1137b47a68f937bbfda118ae9

1 Like

If Ellis sued to keep the NSA GC job, I can just imagine how much fun his depositions would be, along with Miller’s. My bet is that he/his enablers would bail before this went anywhere.

2 Likes

Fair thought, but my understanding is that the issue is whether the administration had good cause to fire him at the time, not whether good cause might have existed other than whatever good cause they thought they already had. If Kash Patel turns out to have been a willing co-conspirator in Stephen Miller’s ritual sex-abuse dungeon pizza delivery service, that doesn’t count for good cause.

My message is simpler: Fire this piece of shit immediately because terminating his malignant ass is way more important than paying him whatever 6-figure (or less) judgment you might be exposing the taxpayers to.

1 Like

You mean, like, being transferred to mowing the lawn at an immigration detention facility in Texas in summer with a push mower?

Word.

Slightly OT: Scaramucci declined his invitation to Trump’s military send off at Andrews AF Base.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available