Indiana Official Slams Municipal Corp For Secrecy In Decision To Petition Supreme Court

I think the attached Opinion of the Public Access Counselor covers that point: “HHC, however, asserts the Board delegates its litigation responsibilities wholesale to the executive staff. Notably, HHC did not offer any resolution, policy, or ordinance verifying the Board’s delegation of authority to the executive staff to do anything, much less an action of this magnitude.”

Regardless, as @godwit implied, I don’t see the current Court being constrained from hearing any case it wants to hear that gives it the chance to further undermine the nefarious social safety net.

3 Likes

NSFW

5 Likes

“I have a feeling that if the board really understood what this case is about, they’d be mortified,” Bryce Gustafson

AND I have a feeling that Bryce doesn’t understand that when there’s money to be made the only the corporate boards care about is GREED. They worship at the feet of their profit Gekko.

NOTE: I agree that they should be mortified, but I don’t think they give a shit about that.

Tpm neeDs to usE a Current sUpreme courT photo.

8 Likes

Stop the steal!

10 Likes
8 Likes

What a way to start the day!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m glad I don’t live in Mississippi on welfare!

2 Likes

The “debate” was a complete farce, but Beto did alright. Abbott just rolled in, rolled on and rolled out.

7 Likes

“Dick pic” ?
Like the photo you posted of Brett Lavre’s face?

3 Likes

I imagine everyone’s seen this. It’s been walked back, but in CPAC, we have the makings of a good ole Bund - or whatever Bund is in Russian.

9 Likes

OT
Congress passed and Biden signed a funding bill that keeps the government open and provides $$ to Ukraine so they can fight their war and also disaster relief for hurricane victims but trump is pissed because he is not the center of attention and takes it out on McConnell.
Here are his demented words.

“Is McConnell approving all of these Trillions of Dollars worth of Democrat sponsored Bills, without even the slightest bit of negotiation, because he hates Donald J. Trump, and he knows I am strongly opposed to them, or is he doing it because he believes in the Fake and Highly Destructive Green New Deal, and is willing to take the Country down with him?” Trump wrote. “In any event, either reason is unacceptable. He has a DEATH WISH. Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!”

… … … … … …

Poor donald has a sad.
This bill was “negotiated” over months and passed to avoid a shut down.

5 Likes

tfg is still very much in love with Vladimir Putin. CPAC harmonizes.

4 Likes
4 Likes

So, what is Mr Gaetz doing about hurricane relief for his state?
Is replacing the RNC chair more important than his constituents?

7 Likes

Charlie Kirk? Charlie Kirk?

Back up the truck:

LOL Truck

1 Like

How about we institute a mandatory death penalty for anyone hiring undocumented workers? Problem solved.

1 Like

petitioning SCOTUS to reverse the Seventh Circuit is treated as a rote, secretarial task

So Republicans consider the Supreme Court to be a mere rubber stamp?

3 Likes

Which of the folks on that board are willing negligent criminal board members is the big question. I doubt anything like this would get far in our state…a different one, although, gee, if Boards of Directors can just sit back and not make any key decisions for an organization then what the heck are board members even there for? Oh. Right. Window dressing.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available