Indiana Official Slams Municipal Corp For Secrecy In Decision To Petition Supreme Court

The Indiana official in charge of mediating public access disputes came down against the municipally-owned hospital corporation for deciding to petition the Supreme Court behind closed doors. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1434179

I guess the theory is that you can’t be held to public account if you just delegate all work to the non-public functionaries.

25 Likes

Indiana wants me, lord i can’t go back there…

16 Likes

The barbarians at the gate.

4 Likes

Incredible, I had no idea there was such internal controversy within the organization over the decision to appeal to the Supreme Court.

And that despite the controversy raging across the country over the potential implications of an adverse decision, all was calm among the hospital’s executive staff.

13 Likes

27 Likes

HHC’s lawyer had argued that the board delegated its legal decisions to executive staff,

I thought republicans were adamantly opposed to delegating authority. I have vague recollections of the US Supreme Court issuing opinions along those lines rather recently.

20 Likes

Dont’cha just love the finger pointing?

3 Likes

Oh more interesting news from Indiana…

16 Likes

Am I supposed to have an opinion?

Someone did something someone didn’t like because why?

1 Like

O/T but related to SCOTUS, and of interest to those of us who like having a few wetlands around, the Supreme Court will hear argument in Sackett v EPA (aka Sackett II) on Monday. Stay tuned.

12 Likes

The Board knows exactly what its lawyers are doing. No way they are unaware of the case being accepted by SCROTUS. It’s a ridiculous lie.

13 Likes

Technology, how does it work?

7 Likes

It’s a series of tubes and wires powered by ivermectin and angels.

16 Likes

That would be one major dereliction of duty. Even if you accept the premise that the board delegated the day-to-day management or oversight of the case to its executive staff the staff would periodically report back to the board. There is no way in hell the staff should have unsupervised authority over a Supreme Court case.

22 Likes

Wait til they see their attorneys’ invoice.

11 Likes

What do these zealots have against human beings?

5 Likes

You mean wetlands that can help control rain events, hurricanes, and other things nature throws at us?

18 Likes

We’re not the right kind of human beings perhaps?

6 Likes

Yes, all that. But you could just like the sound of frogs chirping on an early summer evening, the occasional turtle or wood duck, to consider this a significant issue.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available