In The Winter Of Our Trump Discontent, Things Look Bleak

Rock bottom is when the declared and certified EV puts TIFBG back in office. That’s the end of the great experiment and the voters have total control over that.

One by one, the SCOTUS will find controversial (to TIFBG) pieces of the Constitution not applying to him, as they did yesterday. One by one, the cases will fall apart, due to appeals to SCOTUS that will disaffirm the finding of the lower court. Nothing makes it clearer than this statement:

It is, in the words of the concurrence, a “special rule” carved out “to insulate this Court and petitioner from future controversy.”

We will see this multiple times over the ensuing pre-election period.

• Former Judge Michael Luttig: “[T]he five-Justice majority effectively decided not only that the former president will never be subject to disqualification, but that no person who ever engages in an insurrection against the Constitution of the United States in the future will be disqualified under the Fourteenth Amendment’s Disqualification Clause — as the concurrence of Justices Sotomayor, Kagan, and Jackson witheringly explain.”

It is this information that will be written in the annals of history when discussing the destruction of Democracy/Republic.

I’m having a rough time trying to find the glimmer of hope in all of this. Am I alone?

30 Likes

“Punch a moose in the face”

Mongo just pawn in Arctic game of life.

46 Likes

I am going through the same thing. Lost my partner a little over a year ago. One day at a time. Remake those appointments. Do something that will make you and your husband happy and proud.

And set a goal, like voting on Nov, 5, 2024. You can send a message,

61 Likes

From TPM…

"The Supreme Court is enabling and abetting Donald Trump. The prospect of Trump facing legal accountability for his criminal culpability is shrinking by the day. A slew of national polls show Trump consistently leading Biden ahead of the November election. Trump world is “literally popping champagne.”

We may look back on this late winter-that-wasn’t stretch as the low ebb in the fight for democracy … if we’re lucky."
… … … … … … … …
Thanks so much for the seriously optimistic assessment.
Now where’s that window I was gonna jump outta?

Unlike the brain dead abroad in the land I will NOT be voting for the orange CRIMINAL a lotta people like.

25 Likes

Nor do I. And furthermore, I am quite disappointed in those who would vote for him.

23 Likes

Hotline: The 988 Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States.

https://988lifeline.org/

49 Likes

I concur, just a little more drama that he will sell to his faithful. November is still the key, law and order will win.

10 Likes

When justice dies, democracy dies, and authoritarianism wins.

16 Likes

The swine!

12 Likes

All these talking heads keep telling us that people don’t want a Trump/Biden rematch. Well, enough of them have a chance to stop Trump and they don’t seem to be taking it.

27 Likes

It woz Mitch wot did it!

28 Likes

Meanwhile, if you’ve been in the vicinity of a Planned Parenthood location, you may have been tracked and your data turned over to an anti-abortion group.

A company tracked visits to 600 Planned Parenthood locations for anti-abortion ads, senator says

30 Likes

Whoaaa there!

We all know that Dems and independents actually voted for Cheeto head to keep him in the race. They would do the same thing in polls… right ?!?

Polls are not what they used to be…

SCOTUS … well shit

VOTE

18 Likes

It’s tough not to be scared s#itless when the minority seems to wield so much power. Yesterday, I saw discussion that Biden may be restricted with what he can and cannot say in the SOTU speech or risk being dis-invited.

GOP’s Ernst wants to stop Biden from delivering the State of the Union (msnbc.com)

I maintain he should tell them to F#$% all the way off and deliver it from the Oval Office. But he won’t. Meaning he opens himself to all sorts of disrespect and demeaning that would NEVER have been acceptable in any other administration.

And now, with SCOTUS beginning to erode the contents of the Constitution, there is every good reason to be afraid. GOTV is absolutely mandated here. Absolutely. But a lot can happen between now and November and none of it seems related to putting TIFBG in prison where he belongs.

18 Likes

“States rights for me(controlling women’s reproductive choices), but not for thee(enforcing the 14th amendment).”

35 Likes

It’s okay to be with yourself and your grief. But if friends and family reach out to you, at least acknowledge them, even if you’re not ready to talk with them. Say that to them, in fact: I’m not ready to talk yet.

A month on, my mother-in-law is coming to terms with her husband’s death. Neighbors have dropped by and have invited her over for supper; she attends grandchildrens’ activities; she’s not sure she’s ready to make a trip to Las Vegas with friends this weekend. It’s been slow for her–she herself would say, “Too slow.” But that’s in the nature of who she is. The truth is, there’s no timetable for how long it takes anyone to do this work.

The world looks grim today, no question; here, our sky is glowering this morning, and out in the parking lot there’s a pickup truck flying a large “Don’t Tread on Me” flag. But I am hopeful, if not optimistic. And I wish you all the best.

44 Likes

Did you realize that if you punched a moose then this guy would run up your pant leg?

34 Likes

Well, perhaps we should all pay a brief parking visit to our nearest Planned Parenthood location.

33 Likes

It isn’t stopping TIFBG that they want to do. It’s stopping Biden and, for the life of me, I cannot understand why.

9 Likes

At this point, polls and the news media are little better than propaganda vehicles and if we listen to them and allow ourselves to be debilitatingly discouraged, then Biden’s loss to Trump becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

47 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available