In Revisionist History: Laura Ingraham Downplays Threat Of ‘Goofy QAnon People’ In Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Friday night suggested that the pro-Trump mob who stormed the Capitol in January were a minor threat when compared with what she called “Biden’s insurrectionists.” 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1371242

Well, Laura Ingraham is one of the most prominent ‘Goofy QAnon People’.

38 Likes

“They have to convince all Black Americans that the police hate them and will never be fair to them”

Really? I think it’s actually Black Americans who have been trying to convince White America of that for at least 100 years and with the advent of cell phone video Black America is finally making progress in that noble effort.

62 Likes

And those goofy assault weapons they all have! Whatta bunch of knuckleheads!

42 Likes

“Revisionist” usually means you’re looking at the history in a new light. This would be more a case of “entirely imaginary history.”

44 Likes

lose sight of what made America great in the first place. It’s not our diversity. It’s our freedom

I just can’t anymore. Do they focus group any of this before spewing it on air? Just how large an audience is this playing to?

21 Likes

Let’s just call it what it is, fearmongering and lying.

34 Likes

This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco,
This ain’t no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey,
I ain’t got time for that now

Apologies to the Village People and David Byrne.

27 Likes

Dedicated to Laura, Sean, and Tucker

9 Likes

Photo caption:

“Village People With Village Idiot”

27 Likes

“They have to convince all Black Americans that police hate them and will never be fair to them,” she said.

Many police officers are already doing a bang-up job by themselves.

34 Likes

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons,
Packed up and ready to go

7 Likes

She got the goofy part correct.

4 Likes

Yeah, we had one of those not long ago in the Santa Cruz Mountains, but it wasn’t no “Biden insurrectionist”.

12 Likes

FOX news called the 17 yo (white) who murdered the people at the BLM protest last year as a “little boy” and the 13 year old (brown) who was shot and killed by a policeman earlier this week as a “13 year old man.”

For context.

55 Likes

The same lies will be repeated by thousands of right wing preachers to their brainwashed marks tomorrow.

Oh, along with the “prophecy” that The Big G will put Trump back on the throne this week…or next week…or…

9 Likes

OT, but important to spread the word. Obama opened the case. Trump buried it.

The original story:

28 Likes

The 6 January 2021 Insurrection was a real thing: An act of Sedition, with intent to sabotage a Congressional Certification of an election of a United States President, no matter what this overpaid parasite says or thinks.

42 Likes

“The real threat to our future is Biden and the well-heeled powerful forces who want us to lose sight of what made America great in the first place. It’s not our diversity. It’s our freedom.

Ingraham’s getting openly explicit there pitting diversity against freedom. Subtlety to the wind, I guess.

24 Likes

The problem with the Republican Party is their extremist fringe -which they’ve always had - has now become their radical majority.

Just as Chauvin finally was held accountable for his murderous and thuggish career as an LEO, we must do the same for anyone and everyone even remotely involved in the insurrection. And that certainly includes congressional Republicans and those that were in the Executive Branch. Otherwise, we risk Republicans mendaciously turning it into a version of Disneyland.

I’m optimistic that DoJ will. I think AG Garland sees the echoes of what’s occurring today in his family’s recent past. If I’m not mistaken, DoJ has recently stated they plan on charging at least 500 individuals. An excellent start.

31 Likes