In New Report Into FBI’s Half-Baked Kavanaugh Probe, Thomas-Hill Parallels Abound

Falling asleep at the wheel (The Dems) for many decades because they fell in love with the Warren Court’s rulings.
Their fantasy ended and now we have to live with their ineptness.

2 Likes

With Biden making statements like this the MAGA toll in Florida is certain to be large.

I hope the sane people, the good people, the poor, and the elderly are all taking heed of the President’s warning and wish them safety and security.

9 Likes

That’s certainly true, but the backlash he’d face if he didn’t say that is worse. That some MAGA folks will stay because Biden did his job and encouraged them to be safe is evidence that they never outgrew their ODD.

2 Likes

OT, but more, please.

10 Likes

Well, yes, but anyone with a functional brain knew he was lying. Collins wanted to be deceived, she was a willing accomplice. She isn’t that stupid to believe he meant what he said.

6 Likes

Embarrass. Embarrass. Embarrass.
It has to be more than Senator Whitehouse. Every D in the Senate must call for hearings. There must be continuing investigations. No polite Senate shit.
Hammer. Hammer. Hammer

7 Likes

Rule #1 of Oligarchy: Always pull up the ladder behind you.

It won’t work for us. They sure do hope we’ll squander generations of money, effort, and goodwill trying, though.

1 Like

$CROTUS is still only the second worst institution in DC after the senate.

if only but comity

Not on topic and not sure how accurate,

Roberts was shaken by the adverse public reaction to his decision [affording Trump substantial immunity].

It’s a dodge. Roberts isn’t confounded at all.

He has known for 30 years that his ideas about “unitary executive” doctrine are fringe-y and disqualifying. That’s why Leonard Leo latched on to him and got him onto the court. Roberts is getting exactly what he wanted: a chance to force his absurd legal fanfiction on the entire nation with utter impunity.

This article is just another effort by Organized Money to persuade us frogs that the water isn’t boiling right now. After all, it’s less fun ruling with an iron fist if everybody hates you too much to slob your knob whenever you like.

But that’s all it is. Propaganda.

5 Likes

Miller High Life? I think I would have dropped out of the race.

1 Like

Yes, it must have come as quite a shock to spend decades complaining about “activist” judges and then catch flack for literally inventing a right for precisely one person of his choice.

2 Likes

This. Exactly.

Let me suggest a different path of response from that taken by the comments thus far. Perhaps because I just read an email sent me by a colleague ensconced in her research in Rome, sending me greetings from her companion at the American Academy, another younger woman – both well into their 40’s now, and both of whose careers I was instrumental in advancing and whose personal lives I helped along in many ways (babies, husbands’ career issues, husbands period, parents, so much).

I love and admire both women but have had many occasions to be struck by their indifference to the stories of the women (and sometimes men) who made their opportunities for achievement possible. Certainly of my stories of constant sexual harassment, no such thing as a maternity leave or childcare, no blind reading so women’s article submissions were rejected out of hand, and so on. I mean, they never allowed me an opening to share my stories and even shut down any openings. (Others I know of my generation share my frustration – I’m speaking not just for myself.) Bloom’s “anxiety of influence” may account for it, I guess, but not excuse it. Just saying that Susan Collins’ willful ignorance is just one angle of the women-on-women story here. There are a lot of women who have been left alone in a metaphorical Virginia hotel room for many years, not just by men and not just in the realms of the professions. We do vote, however, for the future, whether or not it will ever acknowledge us. Such is the lot of women, still.