Idaho’s Secretary of State Physically Recounted The Vote To Prove Mike Lindell Wrong. Lindell’s Still Not Convinced. | Talking Points Memo

Mike Lindell, the pillow magnate who’s sunk months and millions of dollars into pushing the false claim that the 2020 election was stolen, is now officially a thorn in the side of multiple Republican secretaries of state.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1389266
1 Like

Why are grown-ass adults in statewide elected offices treating this guy even remotely seriously? I mean, does Trump even take his calls anymore? They don’t invite the guy in the tinfoil hat standing on the freeway offramp in to visit the capitol and discuss his theory of why the Freemasons and the aliens stole all the pancakes and use chairs to hide the frequency. Why are they giving Lindell the time of day?

54 Likes

Much like his Fearless Leader, Mr. Lindell is mentally ill.

26 Likes

Lindell’s Still Not Convinced.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary [ from crappy pillows ] depends on his not understanding it.” — Upton Sinclair

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics [ like Lindell ] are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.” — Bertrand Russell

“Most of the trouble in this world is caused by people [ on tv ] wanting to be important.” — T.S. Eliot

“Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people [ like Lindell ] are conservative.” — John Stuart Mill

"You can’t fix stupid [ like Lindell ]. — Ron White

22 Likes

Dude really needs an intervention. And locked up.

14 Likes

It would be somewhat perversely comforting to suppose that Lindell’s position is just based on sheer stubbornness, or bias, or even stupidity. The fact is, there is no evidence in this universe that would persuade these folks to do anything else than support Trump. This is all about the combination of self-interest, ego, and a willingness to take power at all costs.

This is the American ideal of democracy as reformulated by fascist right wing ideologues.

15 Likes

“It’s more than just counting,” he said, adding later: “The ballots themselves are not real people.”

If only there was a convenient and simple way to ascertain the voting preferences of people and, I dunno just spitballing here, record those preferences in a relatively permanent fashion.

34 Likes

Someone needs to audit Lindel. How can he have this much money to waste on this shit from selling his stupid pillows?

They cost what, 50, 60 bucks at the store? Times how many pillows? What is the markup from wholesale? He hasn’t been around that long, I think he’s a fraud.

9 Likes

It is clear that there is not much brain matter left inside Lindell’s head. Dementia is a bitch.

6 Likes

I agree with Lindell that the 2020 Idaho presidential election vote is wrong and that Biden actually won the state. I call upon the Idaho SoS to continue their recounts until Biden’s victory is confirmed. /s

13 Likes

He’s looking for “flipped” votes in Alabama and…Idaho. I mean, why would Dems…what would…I can’t even…

[insert Nathan Fillion meme here]

14 Likes

Now, in response to separate Lindell allegations, Idaho’s Republican secretary of state has sent teams to physically recount the vote totals in two small counties — both times reaffirming the official winner — and is scheduled to recount certain precincts in a third county this weekend.

Why the fuck is this happening?!?

19 Likes

Kanye nearly got 3,700 votes.

7 Likes

Sleep on one for just one night and you’ll know what I mean.

4 Likes

Is there any way to sue Lindell for making false accusations of the state of Idaho?

Any way to shut the fucker up?

2 Likes

19 Likes

His pillow business is getting more business. He’s doing this for money, and for no other reason.

Just like TFG.

7 Likes

Mike Lindell has become the face of “Real America”.

Which is why I’m getting a huge tattoo of a maple leaf on my arm.

12 Likes

Sounds like Mikey is still experiencing long-haul meth.

15 Likes

I recall back in 2004, there was a lot of chatter about Diebold, and ESS voting machines “flipping” votes. And the Max Cleland/Saxby Chambliss senate race from that year in Georgia has always been suspect. But that was at a time when these machines had no paper backups, and were all touch screens. No one has ever proved that there was fraud or machine malfunction from that election, but there wasn’t any way to audit things in the same way we have now.

Now in Georgia, and most other states, they use paper backups. (I think there are less than 6 states that do not.) One of the things Raffensberger did in 2020, was he jumped a step and went straight to a hand recount of paper ballots. Of course, as we know, the hand recount resulted in Trump getting something like 1300 additional votes, but not because the machines erred, but because a human neglected to upload some votes, or something like that.

What Georgia did in 2020 was prove that the machine counts were accurate, something that was not possible in 2004. Systems with paper backups can be, and were verified in Georgia and other states, including Michigan and Arizona. In my view, these hand recounts prove beyond any doubt that the machines did not malfunction, notwithstanding any 6th degree polynomials, or any other such garbage. It’s as simple as that.

22 Likes