‘I Felt Hate More Than Anything’: How an Active Duty Airman Tried to Start a Civil War | Talking Points Memo

What’s “TBE”?

1 Like

WTF! This asshole doesn’t seem to have spent many duty hours with the USAF. He was SOG qualified, and just wandered the country as he liked. Whomever was his OIC and his NCOIC have some ‘splainin’ to do. Sad!

1 Like

I’ve said it before, but I think anyone who wants to be a law enforcement officer or in the military should forever be banned from joining either.

It’s not a very practical position, but a wonderful thought experiment.

1 Like

That ideal Coppertone tan color that so many white people spend so much money striving for at tanning salons and on the beach? But not the orange coloration sought by only the most deranged amongst us.

1 Like

Steven Carrillo, a 32-year-old Air Force sergeant who belonged to the anti-government Boogaloo Bois movement, was on the run in the tiny mountain town of Ben Lomond, California.

With deputy sheriffs closing in, Carrillo texted his brother, Evan, asking him to tell his children he loved them and instructing him to give $50,000 to his fiancée. “I love you bro,” Carrillo signed off. Thinking the text message was a suicide note from a brother with a history of mental health troubles

Awesome. The Air Force vetting working as planned.

1 Like

The Second Amendment to our Constitution begins, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State . . . " Isn’t about time that our government(s) started taking this concept seriously and taking steps to wrangle these renegade “militias” into submission to reasonable regulation and conformance with our laws?

4 Likes

And anyone wanting to be a prison guard should be locked in prison himself.

1 Like

This is why the Republicans’ “replacement” BS, which Tucker Carlson has recently doubled down on, the idea that Democrats promote open borders to replace the white electorate with reliably Democrat third world voters, never made any sense to me. Republicans, or even full-out fascists, could easily recruit among latinos and other immigrants if they just jettisoned their race hatred and offered them honorary whiteness, as happened with the Irish and Italians. Latino and other immigrant evangelicals are increasingly legion, and perfectly capable of authoritarian thinking, homophobia and prejudice. DNA is not political destiny for anybody, until and unless the racism of white republicans makes it so.

1 Like

Ursula LeGuin had something to say about that…

1 Like

They wouldn’t even have to jettison all of their race hatred. Pretty much every ethnic group has other ethnic groups it despises. They could just all agree on the jews or tamils or, umm, those involuntary-immigrant folks everyone seems to demonize.

I think that’s actually been going on. Hate on enough of the other groups that republicans of northern european descent hate, and you get promoted to honorary.

1 Like

Long past time to flush all this shit out of the military and put it in burn pits.

Oops I meant TBI
Traumatic brain injury

I was thinking of that very story when I wrote my post…

Yes, well I always remain hopeful.

So true… a whole lotta MAGA hats, but not so many orange tans…

There is a story told about the emperor Claudius, seemingly meant to show what a goofy, crazy guy he was.

In his role, I believe, as Censor, he was reviewing lists of prospective jurors and came upon the name of someone he knew was exempt from jury duty because he had many children. Claudius struck off the name, remarking that anyone who could be excused, but did not plead his excuse, was probably just hoping to be bribed for his verdict.

1 Like

This article is frightening, but USA Today just did a story that adds even more details about white supremacists in the military. I think you can read it once and then it wants you to subscribe to read it. (no)

13 investigations, no court-martials: Here’s how the Navy and the Marine Corps quietly discharged white supremacists

It’s courts-martial, isn’t it?

3 Likes

I think prisons are filled with like-minded groups. Carrillo will join with the Aryan Brotherhood or ‘other white racist’ groups in prison.

He’ll be safe.

Except the military actually is a great opportunity for people who can’t otherwise afford an education or training.

I doubt it would be hugely different if it were universal service, by the way; the George Bush’s of the world would still find sinecures while the gun nuts happily get shunted into combat infantry training.

1 Like

My god, I hope she was moved to some MUCH safer situation immediately. That laptop was clearly supposed to represent what he wanted to do to HER.

Trampled by her own people too. That may be the most symbolic death in the entire affair.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available