‘I Felt Hate More Than Anything’: How an Active Duty Airman Tried to Start a Civil War | Talking Points Memo

ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369396
2 Likes

Un-stinking-believable. Active recruitment and promotion of this crap in our armed forces.

For a bunch of white supremacists, these groups seem to take on anyone who will carry their water.

And to go cruising around in an unmarked van, gunning down security guards in the name of going after the ‘police’ and the government is purely in-line with the cowardice these armed traitors seem to espouse. I am not saying they won’t stand up and fight when they gin themselves up for a confrontation, but their natural inclination is to ambush and open fire on unsuspecting innocents.

28 Likes

“Hospitalized with a concussion”

That may have something to do with it.
Really all mass shooters should be tested for TBE.

13 Likes

And here is the evidence as to why guns in the hands of the mentally ill is a bad idea.

25 Likes

“Unhappy with the level of control the government takes over our lives”

So then these idiots join the military?

31 Likes

Just another sub-100 IQ ammosexual with a chip on (not in) his shoulder.

At least it’ll be easy to spot the Bourgeois Brats by their chosen uniforms (unless you’re in HI).

12 Likes

Why did the AF assign him to an elite security assignment after taking away his gun? He sounds like someone who should have received psychiatric treatment and been transferred to a desk job with loss of his security clearance.

31 Likes

I think it just goes to show how incoherent and fuzzy is their logic. We liberals have no shortage on seeing conspiracies, and I guess I am flattering our cause by saying they are justified. There IS a coordinated effort to corral the entire population and make legal the plundering and parasitical feeding off the populace. There is a coordinated effort to manipulate the laws, the voting, the policing, the enforcement that makes every corporation a god which has a thousand ways to legally force you to pay their price and removes the individual’s power to touch them.

But these people are an armed, raging boil in search of someone to inflict their pain upon. Folks who cannot handle the world and the pace of change. To me that is one of the main differences between progressives/liberals and decency…and all the rest. We find a way to make it work, they give up and resort to “pain for everyone”.

19 Likes

I can speak from my experience with relatives who served in the military who became avid 3%ers and militia activists while in the military.

They were openly recruited by others while serving and they post the same garbage on their social media accounts as the fool in the article did.

They believe that a race war is coming…

21 Likes

Have you tipped the FBI yet?

9 Likes

CoPs haVe it out for The whiTes. WhEreS the Privilege?

12 Likes

Also, he was taken unharmed after killing cops. Must be nice not to be of a certain skin tone.

24 Likes

You’d be surprised. Anti-government feelings also run high cops and sheriffs. Nobody hates the government more than prison guards, not even the inmates. That kind of attitudes seems to be directly proportional to the thugishness of their profession.

18 Likes

I did do that several times.

The result…crickets

And I truly fear they may pull something seeing how they cheered the coup attempt.

11 Likes

Add in all those “constitutional” sheriffs who openly defy Federal law!

6 Likes

…a suicide note from a brother with a history of mental health troubles…

Once again, the toxic mix of readily-available firearms and mental illness. When will this country come to its senses?

10 Likes

And they foolishly believe that all us whitey’s are going to support their side?

Moron’s, every one of them.

12 Likes

Yeah they are in for quite the surprise if that’s what they think.

12 Likes

Maximus, they really are deluded enough to believe that every christian white man and woman will be willing to die to preserve their race.

11 Likes

If you take a randomized group of people and give them all oxycodone, a certain percentage will become addicted. Go back 5 years later and out of that small group, some will be dead, some will be in jail, some will have kicked, and some will still be doing all of the things that addicts do to keep their pain/reward cycle going.

Self righteous anger and escalating violence are similarly addictive. Most of the people who watch nothing but FOX and its imitators are into this cycle of dopamine reward for feeling angry - and if you want to get the same kick as you did at the start, you always have to increase the dosage. Every time I see excerpts of Tucker or Sean I recognize this simple operant conditioning at work. A small percentage of these devoted watchers will move on to bigger and bigger doses - it is in their nature.

It’s all about the dopamine and the constant barrage of victimhood and righteous anger being spoon fed to millions of people daily in this country. Logic, facts and rational thought have absolutely no sway in this world. I see very little on the horizon that is going to dent this enterprise - after all, a lot of this anger has been passed down from generation to generation - that is why we are still enmeshed in the politics of the Civil War. Our minds are the victims of our brains.

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available