‘I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Be Free Of This President And His Maniacal Rage,’ McCabe Says | Talking Points Memo

No. That would make him a martyr. I’d much rather he went down with a stroke or an impacted bowel or something else fitting. At 73 and living the way he does, something will catch up with him. While none of us would cry over his murder, it wouldn’t be the way.

19 Likes

The McCabe case—and President Donald Trump’s personal involvement in it—prompted federal judge Reggie Barnett Walton to call the government’s handling of it “disturbing,” a “mess,” and veering close to a “banana republic.”

“I think it’s very unfortunate,” Judge Walton told prosecutors as the case hung in limbo in late September. “And I think as a government and as a society we’re going to pay a price at some point for this.”

36 Likes

exactly correct. Trump is only understood via understanding meligent narcissism, he will not stop until he destroys everything around him. Assuming we don’t nominate Bernie, and especially if Bloomberg is the nominee, and Trump is challenged he will go all in on the crazy tin pot dictator thing.

Hate for it to happen, but it is why we will be (unless Bernie is the nominee) read of him.

4 Likes

Question for the lawyers

If a maniacal-acting person causes you harm, is his/her family liable for not getting their loved one proper care?

5 Likes

How long can he last? His brain is turning to mush.

13 Likes

The Second Amendment solution that he mentioned when he was a candidate in connection with Secretary Clinton?

1 Like

Her ripping up her copy of his SOTU was nothing short of brilliant.

43 Likes

How long will he remain a GOP asset?
How else can he stay out of prison?

5 Likes

I believe McCabe is suing for wrongful termination to try to get his pension reinstated, not sure what else is in that suit.

19 Likes

I don’t think I or anybody else in this country will ever be free from the trauma of having had to endure this President and his maniacal rage, not to mention his misuse and abuse of our country, our constitution, our democracy, and the rule of law.

30 Likes

Not yet…

5 Likes

He was going to get early retirement based on years of service and his job ending. Without that he will have to wait until he is 56 and 8 months. He is 51 now. While it was typically petty and vengeful of Trump and associates, it’s not like retiring ten years before most workers are able to and making six figures before that is all that bad. He can probably get some well paid university or other job meanwhile.

1 Like

Understood and based on what I know - via friends, not personally - this is pretty much a slam dunk for McCabe. Be that as it may, I would hope that a long serving public servant that conducted himself well enough to get to the upper echelons of the FBI would not be treated shabbily due to trump’s influence.

14 Likes

While what Trump is doing is wrong, this is why I’m not sympathetic to Comey/McCabe. Hillary’s email investigation is likely the biggest single reason we have President Trump today.

Let Comey/McCabe be a warning lesson to any prosecutors/law enforcement who gives any credence to rightwing conspiracies.

25 Likes

I don’t want to see him dead. I want to see him in prison. And I wish him a long life in prison until he dies there.

18 Likes

Exactly how I felt. I couldn’t empathize more, and he’s just being honest, but this is what that sadist wants, true enough. But everything I know about life says it won’t be this way forever, and I wish they felt that too. God damn this broken, toxic person and the people who elevated him to power. God damn all of them and may it come soon.

28 Likes

Whoever the Democrats nominate, if he / she gets elected, the people should demand that the DoJ OLC memo on indict-ability of the POTUS needs to be immediately vacated. The AG must be independent of the POTUS and should be allow to recuse himself and install an independent Special Counsel with the ability to prosecute and remove the President, ANY President, if the facts show that he violated the Constitution or the United States Code of Law.

The sad history of Impeachment in this country shows that it is a toothless, ineffective tool to use against a rogue Executive, specifically because the political parties themselves have become way too powerful. This partisan morass we find ourselves in today was NOT envisioned by the Founding Fathers but was entirely predictable and became firmly entrenched before the Civil War. In fact, partisan politics may have CAUSED the Civil War.

That was a warning sign that the politicos punted on and has been the cause of a lot of bad governance and bullshit since that sad day. National Political parties should be defanged to allow We the People to regain our power over both the Legislative and Executive branches. It is ridiculous and totally un-American that the GOP can govern without winning a majority of the electorate in both the White House and the Senate. Both entities need to taken down a notch, and the House should be pre-dominant.

16 Likes

It is not clear how much he will be eligible for in the future, nor when he can draw it. But even with a future pension, this was a major financial loss for him. As well as breaking faith & contract with an employee. ‘Well paid university jobs’ usually go to insiders who are popular with the in-crowd. Not the guy they’ve kicked out. Granted, he is not in as bad a position than a janitor targeted by the President, but it still hurts.

5 Likes

Good idea - and the nominee should start making that demand (indict-ability of POTUS) during the campaign. Fat Don would not react well. And call him “Fat Don” while doing it.

4 Likes

Yeah, but if Kamala Harris is Attorney General, they better watch their fucking asses.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available