Huh? Trump Now Says He Wants Election Day Moved Up

I believe someone broke protocol, by speaking to the press after the ‘highly classified’ intelligence meeting, because the IC has solid information that Russia is still meddling in our elections.

Hopefully, the media will jump on this. The Republicans on the intelligence committee, do not think the public needs to be informed about this election interference.

1 Like

HTMFRY?

1 Like

It seems to me that being removed by the 25th amendment would be his best bet to stay out of prison, since he could claim incompetence. I’m serious here.
That said, @mattinpa, I think “the man is mentally ill” should be the on billboards and bumper stickers throughout the entire country. When Eric the dull starts tweeting about how the statement applies to Biden, then the response should be that Eric is the reason that woman came up with the theory of demon sperm.
Enough is enough. 8645.

2 Likes

Homeowner had Fox on yesterday; I heard Trump rally from the next room. He sounded like a pale imitation of himself. Vicious, certainly, but tired. It also sounded like there were a half dozen plants in the audience there to hoot and applaud the old attack lines.

Operation Warp Speed is apparently a code name for more than the vaccine effort. It denotes the political take over of everything in the US by the Koch Brothers and Putin?

I’m not confident of any call I could make on the legal situation, especially since I was given pause a good while back by a commenter who said any way to jail him was problematic from a national security standpoint. I personally thought he wouldn’t last in office more than a few months because he would be too disruptive to the system. So that’s how much I know.

That said, his general gross unfitness is obvious now. Nobody’s going to bust any moves three months out from a general election he seems sure to lose, what with his seeming obvious inability to change course or address the pandemic however belatedly. His cabinet is a pack of jackals, and he wouldn’t ask to be 25thed, certainly. He might resign. But I think in the end the voters, with the question “How much worse could he be?” asked and answered, will fix their mistake and turn him out.

1 Like

Being ridiculed seems to get under his skin… and teased … and mocked
He tends to go into a rage …

… you know … if his financial situation is as lousy and embarrassing as it seems that it may be …
In early September it would be wonderful if somehow some irrefutable documents emerged … not ones that would be over the top … or would destroy huge cases against him … just ones that he could not deny … but that their public revelation would prove him to be a fraud.
Yes, at this point it may not change many minds … but it would eat his brain like an aggressive parasite… it would drive him over the edge to be exposed.

2 Likes

When he becomes (we beseech thee O Lord) just a private citizen with a big mouth, we’ll see all kinds of stuff. People aren’t always forgiving, and Trump will never earn it anyway. I don’t pity him but I sure don’t envy him either. He should have stayed a pretentious buffoon on TV, but he didn’t ask me for advice, that’s for sure. :grin:

1 Like

Well put. He’s a toxic husk of the human form. My cat has more empathy than he does.

i have no idea why TPM feels compelled to publish every brain-fart trump emits…

Let me be honest … I am greedy I want the win to be huge … very high 300’s in the EC for Biden … gains in the House & hammer time in the Senate (.ultimate wish - 60-40)
Figure that a few utterly deranged outbursts on Trump’s part could help to put the icing on the cake…

1 Like

We’ll keep working with our fingers crossed but I think you can pretty nearly count on deranged outbursts at least.

1 Like

Geeting to 60 would probably require winning one of (AL, AR, ID, KY, LA, MS, NE, OK, SD, TN, WV, WY). And that’s after winning AK, AL, CO, GA 2x, IA, KS, ME, MT, NC, SC, and TX.

A whole lot more apocalypse has to happen between now and election day to get to 60, I’m thinking.

Edit: maybe we should call that Trump-ocalypse?

1 Like

How about moving it sideways? Like, to Canada or Mexico. I’m sure they’d make the right choice for us.

The horns protruding from the head might be a tip-off. Side effect of demonsperm.

1 Like

Every time I visited my grandfather I’d see this miniature with the horns. Although they’d try to explain to 4 year old me that the horns derived from a mistranslation of ‘rays or beams of light’ caused by face to face contact with God, I secretly believed Grandpa was a Satan worshipper.
(I loved him anyway).

1 Like

Gary Larsen has started doing Far Side cartoons again (occasionally). https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff The website also shows his previous cartoons.

ETA: Apologies to @arun. I didn’t see his post. Great minds and all that… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope so. I keep wondering how anyone could look at him and say “yes, we need at least 4 more years of this.”

1 Like

McConnell’s pretty safe electorally for now with a 20+ point lead. Graham’s ahead by 4. It’s probably in the latter’s best interest to try energizing the Republican base (though that doesn’t mitigate his compromised nature in any way, as far as I’m concerned).

1 Like

If only this election could be moved up. To November 8, 2016. I could wake and discover the last four years had only been an absurd nightmare.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available