Huh? Trump Now Says He Wants Election Day Moved Up

So, which is it?

President Donald Trump stood by his push to change the date of the 2020 election on Friday, but apparently he now wants it moved in the opposite direction.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1323567
1 Like

Flip-Flopper Trump…
Time to evict him out of the people’s house!

WeWillVote you and your cronies out!

47 Likes

Nothing says “old and in the way” more than Trump. (Applies equally to the GOP, as a whole.)

34 Likes

Yeah move it up. Let’s let people vote now from the COVID testing lines and from the ICUs.

Make them watch Obama’s eulogy to John Lewis while they do it too.

24 Likes

“I might have a chance to win now. By November only Fetal Alcohol Gaetz will vote for me.”

29 Likes

Wildly contradictory statements suggesting unheard-of changes to fundamental practices in our democracy within what—30 hours or so? There’s only one real news story here and it has nothing to do with election dates or methods. This man is mentally ill and cannot fulfill his duties.

114 Likes

Let’s do it today.

11 Likes

Part of the blatant power grab. F’ing up the USPS, f’ing up mail-in ballot procedures. F’ing up every goddamned soft spot in this country’s government social and operating structure.

25 Likes

Where’s the ‘banging my head against the door frame’ emoji?

46 Likes

Can we move it up to November, 2016?

I’d like a do-over.

64 Likes

Trump, be careful what you wish for. But you don’t get that, do you?

You’re going to.

19 Likes

Let’s just use an average of all today’s polling, and call it done.

34 Likes

Yeah, he’s just losing it. The media should probably resist the temptation to breathlessly report every brain burp he has, particularly since he has no authority – short of launching a coup and suspending the Constitution – to changing the election date.

The actual story is his very real and very dangerous campaign to undermine the legitimacy of the election by claiming it was rigged with mail-in ballots.

37 Likes

Ha!! Better yet!

2 Likes

It wore out.

14 Likes

Oh yeah, very stable. The stablest ever. Nothin’ diminished about his capacity. Nuh uh, everything here is just fine.

A loving family would commit him. A functioning cabinet would 25th him. His party members in congress would have removed his treasonous fat ass.

What we’re left with is voting him and his unAmerican enablers the fuck outta office.

47 Likes

Yes, this from the guy who wanted to buy Greenland. My father used to tell to to want in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets full faster.

17 Likes

Oh, OK- I just totraled up the comments section- you lose.

Time to move out of OUR White House.

8 Likes

Memo to: DJT

Subject: You

GFY, resign now! You are unworthy of the office, unworthy of the human race.

14 Likes

“What I really want is for someone to declare me the winner. No election sooner, later, on the appropriate date, with or without early voting, with or without adequate number of polling places in all communities, with or without absentee or mail-in voting. Just make me the winner so I can continue and never be held accountable for my corruption, criminality, grifting, and destruction of the country.”

26 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available