How The Right Branded A Mock Election Exercise As A Dry Run For A Lefty Coup | Talking Points Memo

We have been reduced to this by the Republican Party:

‘I Feel Sorry for Americans’: A Baffled World Watches the U.S.

By Hannah Beech

From Myanmar to Canada, people are asking: How did a superpower allow itself to be felled by a virus? And why won’t the president commit to a peaceful transition of power?

This is the ad we should be running in every purple and red state. The rest of us already knew it was coming as long as Trump was allowed to stay in office after the impeachment.

2 Likes

I’d buy that for a dollar.

3 Likes

The love of money is the root of all evil.
Not money itself.

3 Likes

Along those lines…

:notes: how come everybody wanna keep it like a Kaiser? :notes:

2 Likes

11 Likes

SNL had a skit like this for when W was up for re-election. They need to bring back Will Ferrell to do an update.

2 Likes

Love the little hands!

"They intend to really have a coup and keep President Trump from taking the oath of office for a second term,” well, democrats really do have a nefarious plan to prevent a 2nd inauguration of the dump - we plan to overwhelmingly VOTE the mutha-fer OUT!

3 Likes

I’ve never seen so much projection about their true intents in all my life. Every last word they speak regarding the Dem’s determination to steal the election is deflection away from their own intents to do just that. Blame them for that which you are guilty.

3 Likes

Like Big Brother - now they’ll finally be under the public scrutiny they’ve always dreaded.

2 Likes

And the mainstream media NEVER calls them out on it.

3 Likes

My in-laws were just over as always on Saturday mornings. Conversation turned to Covid-19, and i was stunned by the complete divergence from reality my sis-in-law exhibited. She was adamant that we’re doing everything we can given that the CDC doesn’t even know what to do. The CDC keeps changing their minds, so how are we supposed to know what’s safe and what’s not? Yes, she deeply believes in the supernatural (god), so that pretty much explains why she’ll never believe actual science. Faith is the way to go, as demonstrated by the stupid scientists who keep changing their minds about everything, thus risking the future of civilization.

I had to politely leave the room.

4 Likes

You’re very gracious.

I’d have slapped her into the middle of next week.

8 Likes

As an epidemiologist, i concur

3 Likes

I’m not at all scared by all this bullshit, and I doubt whether very many people are.

First, if Trump loses incontrovertibly by a wide margin, then all these conspiracy idiots will just have to come up with another conspiracy or two, and they wlll, of course.

Second, in all this hub bub, there’s little if any real inclusion of the court system here, at least that I can see. As with Florida in Bush v. Gore, irregularities are going to go to the courts, which will provide a kind of buffer to cool down whatever flames these idiots want to fan.

Perhaps. I will not argue what came first.

“For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”

1 Timothy 6:10

1 Like

I talked with a politically unengaged person last month. I brought up the removal of all the post office sorting machines.
She brightly said “But they do that every 12 years anyway!”

Now, I have to work with her again, so I could not challenge her on where she got that info. I have never heard that before. And somehow, that ‘regular replacement’ has never been right before an election.

2 Likes

Not that hard and not that vexed.

1 Like

“How dare you try to predict how we might fuck up Democracy?!!”

You can smell the hysteria.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available