How Paul Gosar Became An Icon To Those In The Modern Fascist Movement

This article is part of TPM Cafe, TPM’s home for opinion and news analysis. 

Earlier this month, Talking Points Memo identified a chain of evidence that strongly suggested Rep. Paul Gosar’s (R-AZ) digital director, Wade Searle, was involved with an interlinked group of social media profiles that were deeply enmeshed with white nationalist Nicholas Fuentes’ viciously antisemitic “Groyper” movement. Details highlighted the accounts’ professed loyalty to the hierarchical hate group and their dedication to Fuentes, who referred to the accounts’ administrator as one of the “strongest soldiers” in his “movement.” The news had some impact: Gosar faced condemnation from President Joe Biden, Congressional Black Caucus chairman Rep. Steven Horsford (D-NV), and multiple Jewish advocacy groups, including the Republican Jewish Coalition. Some have called for an investigation into the report, though Gosar remains, perhaps predictably, silent. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1459020

Given the texas lege going after paxton, and the rumors of mar al stinko document indictments, I’ll call this a great memorial day weekend.

14 Likes

If only that pretty little kitty would take a big chunk out of the Congressman’s ass.

6 Likes

“‘Popular’ means that people support it, which they do,” Fuentes said. “And it sucks, and it is what it is, but that’s why we need a dictatorship. That’s unironically why we need to get rid of all that.

If people won’t believe in my reprehensible, perverted beliefs, then we’ll just have to force them to do so. He is indeed a dangerous individual, and there’s no question Gosar is totally on board with this sentiment.

11 Likes

Can we choose?

Sort of like Golden Corral? A buffet of Congress people to take a bite out of?

I would hope the kitty doesn’t get food poisoning.

5 Likes

Gosar: Loved by the fascists, estranged from his family. That is what is known as “a tell.”

10 Likes

It really is disturbing how a little shit like Fuentes can gain such a following. This is what I’ve been pondering for a while and Fuentes just confirmed it–conservatives want to be ruled. They want someone to tell them what to think and what to believe. They have no self-respect. This is how feeble they are.

10 Likes

In one recent, representative rant complaining about abortion, homosexuality, feminism, contraceptives, and sex, Fuentes explained that a lot of things he hates are “popular” and placed the blame (as usual) on “the Jewish media.”

“‘Popular’ means that people support it, which they do,” Fuentes said. “And it sucks, and it is what it is, but that’s why we need a dictatorship. That’s unironically why we need to get rid of all that. We need to take control of the media, take control of the government, and force the people to believe what we believe, or force them to play by our rules.”

What do they believe, what are their rules, and how do they plan to take control of the media and government? How are the media and government to be used to force people to hold their views on abortion, homosexuality, feminism, contraceptives, and sex?

3 Likes

FIFY Pauli babe.

Hard work moving the Overton Window into the deep human ordure so murderous incels and pedos like Fuentes have their safe space but somebody’s gotta do it, eh?

4 Likes

The timbre of this piece seems to be that Gosar is somehow sucking up to fascists and neo-Nazis in order to gain support on the far-right. The reality may be far simpler. He is a neo-Nazi.

8 Likes

Eric Fromm, one of the members of the Frankfurt School, had their number back in the 50s.

Escape_from_Freedom,_first_edition

Essentially,

… modern man still is anxious and tempted to surrender his freedom to dictators of all kinds, or to lose it by transforming himself into a small cog in the machine, well fed, and well clothed, yet not a free man but an automaton.

9 Likes

lip face b

3 Likes

Earlier on another thread someone suggested Arizona get a root canal. I suggest right thru Gosar to Biggs.
I must say after Gosar, Biggs and Sinema coming from the state wherein I reside… I find it horribly embarrassing to admit my family’s long history in Arizona (by way of Ohio)

2 Likes

I had Fromm’s book for years; read it multiple times as a report from someone whose experience backed his writing. Unforgettable!

2 Likes

Gosar is repugnata vile, but that’s no reason to poison a “kitty”.

2 Likes

Pretty sure no one cares but me, but…“far right” as a noun should not be hyphenated.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available