How MAGA Is Already Justifying The Use Of Military Force At Home If Trump Wins

Originally published at: How MAGA Is Already Justifying The Use Of Military Force At Home If Trump Wins - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Many MAGA influencers have an apocalyptic story to tell about the country, the political divide, and where we’re all headed, and they’re already using it to lay the groundwork for crossing what has long been a red line: deploying the military for domestic law enforcement purposes. In this MAGA fever dream, everyone has their part…

We have to defeat them. GOTV.

52 Likes

McMaster continues to disappoint during interviews. This morning he intimated that calling up the army to protect Portland wouldn’t have been a bad thing, necessarily.

And he still won’t say people shouldn’t vote for trump

52 Likes

I’m glad I don’t live where those Goopers live. If there will be any rioting, it will be if TSF loses. And they’ll sputter into nothing once the arrests start.

22 Likes

I wouldn’t say its a certainty, but if the Supreme Court or House hands the presidency to Trump, then I wouldn’t be surprised if there were widespread protests. I’d probably be joining them.

45 Likes

In other words “law and order” folks are good with breaking the law when it suits them!

48 Likes

“If you see a peaceful protest from the left, please call me, because it’ll be the first time I’ve ever seen that,” Mike Howell, executive director of the Heritage Foundation’s Oversight Project, told TPM.
Funny I don’t remember the “left” rioting in 2000 when the Conservatives on the Supreme Court appointed George W to the presidency or in 2016 when Hillary won the popular votes. Now on the other hand I do remember your side storming the Capitol.

80 Likes

I’m so thankful that when the elections occur, Biden and Harris will be in the White House. Any shenanigans on the part of MAGA elections officials will be dealt with by reasonable people who are prepared for Jan 6 redux. And any protests will happen before mini-Mussolini is inaugurated.

32 Likes

‘“If you see a peaceful protest from the left, please call me, because it’ll be the first time I’ve ever seen that,” Mike Howell, executive director of the Heritage Foundation’s Oversight Project, told TPM.’

Howell starts off his argument with a deceitful premise. He is lying, he knows he is lying, and he knows you know he is lying.

His cynicism is an important part of the story.

75 Likes
58 Likes

These folks sound like slave owners: prepare the posses, fear the others! BLM was so incredibly triggering for them, just sad.

40 Likes

Projection and fear, the bread and butter of MAGA. BTW, Mike Howell should be in a cell next to Bannon for the safety of democracy.

23 Likes

Stephen Miller should be under the jail so the sunlight won’t harm him.

35 Likes

I hope everyone noted the casual assertion that many powerful people would be in jail with a win by TSFF. They have entirely normalized the manipulation of the rule of law.

37 Likes

Yes folks, your beloved country needs you NOW. Sign up here:

It has never been this easy to get started. There is no quixotic attempt to organize us from the top down. The link above is just a stepping stone that will connect you with one or another local Dem coordinator (unless your name is Taylor Swift of course).

It’s not too late.

Do it now. You’ll be so glad you did. Guarangoddamntee it.

26 Likes

Howell wouldn’t say directly whether that would lead to the president invoking the Insurrection Act, only that “all items on the menu should be looked at to protect the people of this country against the terrorist element.”

Conservatives are constantly projecting. In a normal world, Howell and Heritage Foundation would be on a government watch list of terrorist people and organizations.

29 Likes

“You must always be doing things and obviously succeeding. The hard part is to keep people always at the window because of the spectacle you put on for them. And you must do this for years.” ― Benito Mussolini

22 Likes

Article states “Wallace” instead of “Walz?”

2 Likes

Red Hats will be the new Brown Shirts

14 Likes

probably a voice-to-text error

5 Likes