How DOJ Watchdog Forced Barr To Scramble To Undermine Trump-Russia Probe | Talking Points Memo

Just like Barr?

9 Likes

I dunno about “just like”… Barr seems uniquely beyond all other evils out there in lawyerland.

13 Likes

“It’s not clear what evidence Barr and Durham plan on offering to contradict Horowitz’s findings.”

They are not planning on offering evidence of any kind. None. Rather, they plan to offer accusations and assertions made up of whole cloth, and get people even dumber and more venal to repeat them.

19 Likes

At the level of authority we are dealing with I don’t see Barr or Durham uniquely beyond all other evils, they went in with blackened corrupt hearts and hopefully they’ll be found guilty with their blackened corrupt hearts.

6 Likes

To believe Trump you have to believe that everyone, the media, the government, the Democrats, EVERYONE is corrupt except Trump. And about 40% of the population is willing to believe that.

12 Likes

"…Durham said in his statement, adding that he was relying on evidence beyond the “component parts of the Justice Department.”

By which he meant the stuff he pulled out of his ass. This is such weak sauce, and Barr is in the middle of it, defending Trump instead of working for the citizens of this country. Have we impeached this m-fer yet?

10 Likes

Psychological safety is a main measure of the ability of a company or enterprise to retain people.

The number one reason that employees don’t feel safe at work is a toxic work culture.

If a suck-butt like Barr can’t cut the mustard, Trump may have to start employing mannequins or cardboard people. America may soon get its first all-pulp Attorney General.

3 Likes

The Venn diagram of the Trump Media Bubble and the media is alllllmost a circle.

2 Likes

By which he must mean he has evidence from outside the justice department about how the FBI improperly conducted a very secure investigation. Please continue.

3 Likes

I think that Josh said it on the latest podcast episode, but it’s nuts to have the IG say “The FBI didn’t do anything wrong,” and have the AG reply, “Nuh uh! The DOJ was totally out of order!” In a “normal” situation where the two were at odds, you would have the IG condemning the conduct of some group and the AG trying to defend them (in whatever reasonable fashion they could). The reverse is just bizarre.

4 Likes

Barr and Dunham should be begging to testify under oath.

6 Likes

One of the poxes plaguing (in my opinion) way too many police and detective books and shows in the US and the UK, is the “THE ROT GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP” device. It’s just so tedious. Snore.

I hate it almost as much in real life, with democracy clinging to life by its fingernails, etc. But here we are. Next season will be better.

2 Likes

Are D’s “additional documents “ in their original Russian?

4 Likes

relying on evidence beyond the “component parts of the Justice Department.

Yes, because he has to find someone willing to tell him what Big Boy Bob and L’il Fat Don want to hear.

Eventually someone at DOJ is going to have to take one for the Team.

The Team being the United States.

2 Likes

As if the story couldn’t get more bizarre:

The previously unknown friendship between former intelligence officer Christopher Steele and Ivanka Trump was alluded to in a new report released Monday by the Justice Department’s inspector general, which said Steele had “been friendly” with a Trump family member, a relationship he described as “personal.”

3 Likes

The only taxpayers they care about are billionaires, and most of them don’t pay any taxes any more anyway.

2 Likes

I am dumbstruck as to the willingness to peddle these bald faced lies. Also shocking is how many are involved.

And there is no one signaling from congress or elsewhere that this sinister wave of Russian lead authoritarianism that is taking over our government can be stopped and justice served.

6 Likes

Bad enough he’s a snake in lawyerland, couple that with his disturbing speeches promoting theocratic views and hinting that police should abandon communities that don’t show them respect.

Barr has really been out there proactively advancing the cause of an authoritarian agenda.

Scary shit.

7 Likes

I too find this shocking. I see the wave crushing the very foundation of our Democracy, it’s all quite Orwellian…sad…and frightening.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available