How DOJ Watchdog Forced Barr To Scramble To Undermine Trump-Russia Probe | Talking Points Memo

Attorney General Bill Barr scrambled on Monday to keep a main anti-DOJ conspiracy theory going, after Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz released a 476-page report finding that the FBI was justified in opening its Trump-Russia investigation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267331
1 Like

James Comey was scheduled to appear on Fox & Friends tomorrow morning to discuss this report.

After this report came out, they cancelled his appearance.

LOL

32 Likes

Jumping the gun are we? Did “Fat Bill” order you to do this? Are we feeling wraithed, yet, Mr. Durham?

ETTD.

42 Likes

Barr is panicking at the facts not favoring Trump and his lies. Since he lacks all credibility, his false statements won’t have impact outside of the Trump media bubble.

16 Likes

Ummmm… The dude who totally covered up the cover-up of all of the CIA torture stuff?

I wasn’t tracking that he had any credibility to lose.

35 Likes

We are so fucked. This undermining of institutions is going to take years to correct. Republicans are happy to knock back shots of Captain Morgan’s as the ship goes down in flames beneath them.

19 Likes

Sounds Fake News from the Barr/Durham Witch Hunt.

8 Likes

Except with the usual suspects.

19 Likes

Bill Barr doesn’t scramble for anyone.

But he sure as hell slithers for Donnie.

20 Likes

“Donald Trump stated that the sun revolves around the earth. Some scientists disagree. Tune into our panel discussion at 8.”

–CNN

27 Likes

. . . and just like Bengazi, the GOP is hell bent on shopping their talking points that the Trump campaign and it’s allies are not guilty of any crimes or wrong doings to the next DOJ official to kiss the boots of Barr or Trump. They again show, just as before, that they have no interest in the truth but getting a statement to either sow discord or say that their is no their there.

Learning that the Ukraine conspiracy theory was already debunked by the Senate Intelligence committee proves yet again that this WH and the GOP at large simply shops around to get the story they want. If I were the Dems I would ask that all public info from the Sen Intel committee be made public for this investigation led by Graham and Grassley. If I were the Dems I would ask why the American Taxpayer dollars are being wasted on duplicative effort when there is no evidence to prove that either the Senate Intel committee, the FBI, or other governmental agencies have done anything afoul of the law or policy guidelines. Where has the party of fiscal responsibility to the American Taxpayer gone? Does the GOP care about American Taxpayers?

9 Likes

Fat Don ordered Fat Bill to order Mr. Durham to do this.

9 Likes

Gotta prise those wingnut eyeballs away from Fox, because they too might buy the useless crap and shit that our advertisers hawk.

6 Likes

More like it revolves around Donnie. But that would make a solar revolution about 20 years, given the distance it would have to travel.

11 Likes

It’s not clear what evidence Barr and Durham plan on offering to contradict Horowitz’s findings

Why, there’s a whole world outside the doors of the FBI. Surely, some of the billions of people out there will know better than the FBI does about what evidence, legal authority, and concerns lay behind the FBI’s decision to investigate Carter Page and others associated with the Trumpp campaign.

10 Likes

Chairman Schiff. How’s about you inviting Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham to share what appears to be their heartfelt concerns in front of the committee? I’m certain that you and Daniel Goldman will give both of them a fair hearing and I’m sure they’ll be happy to answer any questions that you might have under oath.

26 Likes

It’s not clear what evidence Barr and Durham plan on offering to contradict Horowitz’s findings.

Actually, it is clear. In fact, it’s clearly transparent. Indeed, it’s so clearly transparent that it’s invisible, as if it doesn’t exist at all.

I’ll be you never saw that coming. /s

13 Likes

I know they care about Americans for Tax Reform.

I don’t think that’s the same thing, though.

15 Likes

Dunham is just another of the shiny objects that have blinded Democrats to their true character. One good thing, however, is that their propensity to shiny-object-blindness is truly bipartisan. Bernie, Liz, Pete on the Democratic side. Coney, Mueller, Kelly, Durham on the Republican side. Naifs. The
ese professional Democrats are all naifs.

Now it’s clear why the initial reports about the IG’s finding led to the animated scene with Trump and Barr in the oval office happened. Trump was telling Barr he had to repeat his Mueller report performance and Barr could not convince him that it would look good if he did so. He needed time to convince Durham to accept the Trump cranial anal inversion process.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available