How Could GOP Senators Possibly Be ‘Blindsided’ Over Bolton Testimony? | Talking Points Memo

Ok, but how in the world could Moscow have any control over Bolton, therefore how could they have believed him? Did they just decide not to think about it when Bolton was already on the edges popping up offering to testify?

9 Likes

Which, not for nothing, could very well be part of the reason there was no appetite for a similar effort against Obama.

Blindsided, oh puleeze. I was pretty sure most of the Rethugs still worked in DC, attended meetings and were, you know, in the loop. Guess they’ve all had there heads down, under their desks or have been out with their heads in the swamp. This is ridiculous.

12 Likes

Your honor, how was I supposed to know the gun was loaded?

9 Likes

Hilarious, so much feigned outrage! Being fake angry on demand must be one of the prereqs for joining the Party.

23 Likes

The worst thing is they can afford it. They can afford to keep all these think tanks churning out nonsense.

Democracy was just a way for these self same throwbacks to avoid the guillotine.

3 Likes

Ken Starr decries “the age of impeachment.”

I decry “the age of Trump.”

18 Likes

Right…for the GOPers to be left without all available information would be “malpractice” in their minds…BUT they certainly view leaving the American public without all available information available as good practice and the height of strategic competence.

19 Likes

Dogs = fleas. I rest my case.

5 Likes

It’s no shame to be wrong. It’s a shame to stay wrong.

18 Likes

He’s 71 and just signed a $2M+ book deal. How much more gravy does he really need ? If you make it to 71 and don’t have enough in the bank to maintain a comfortable lifestyle when you are in Bolton’s position, then you are an idiot. Then again, see my earlier comment…

7 Likes

They threw every bullshit allegation they could find against Obama for investigation. He just happened to be clean and capable of keeping it in his pants.

17 Likes

They’ll say anything to curry favor with the King.

They know that, otherwise, it’s pike time (and I don’t mean turnpike).

8 Likes

Are Dem Senators (actually the only ones worthy of the title now) allowed to be “offended” by the lies from the defense? Or are only traitors allowed to be offended in this most deliberative body.

19 Likes

And what kind of possible judge is Roberts - lie away, boys. I’m just here to ring the gong for lunch.

15 Likes

Yeah, but I love dogs and couldn’t equate them with the GOP. Hence, rats…

edit: see my first post in this thread.

2 Likes

The GOP got blindsided because the party didn’t expect him to circulate the damn evidence himself during the Senate trial. It messes up the Trump-McConnell plan

Where is Mitch, anyway?

12 Likes

He’s in his mid-70’s and until this book, the gravy train has never seriously seemed like what he’s interested in. Bolton is genuinely crazy and believes the batshit nuts things he says about national security. I think he’s getting out of the game now that he knows he’s not getting another important position in anyone’s administration again. Dems won’t have him and he’ll be too old, or dead, by the time another R is president. I also still don’t think we get his testimony.

3 Likes

It’s not just about the money though, so I may not have used the right phrase with “gravy train.” It’s more about the public exposure.

He’s an ideologue who wants Iran crushed and the current Venezuelan government overthrown, among other things. To continue pushing his agenda, it takes more than personal wealth, it takes regular appearances on Fox News. Of course he’ll be blackballed there if he sinks Trump, but maybe he’s already negotiating for a spot on CNN.

2 Likes

Fact check: Trump defense team glosses over Zelensky’s desire for a White House invite

Zelensky was previously a comedian. He just wanted the Oval Trailer visit to gather new material…

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available