How Could GOP Senators Possibly Be ‘Blindsided’ Over Bolton Testimony? | Talking Points Memo

Needs to be inscribed on a very large monument in DC.

Like on the GOP side of the Senate?

7 Likes

The thing is, in order to know what was in the Bolton manuscript someone would have to have read it. If they got a paper copy with no index, they would have had to read the whole thing to know what was in it.

I don’t think there are many people left close to Trump who are capable of reading and comprehending an entire book.

5 Likes

I don’t think there are many people left close to Trump who are capable of reading and comprehending an entire matchbook.

3 Likes

Good point. But the lawyers read it. Billable hours, you know.

3 Likes

Blindsided? Could it be because…all those mother-rukers were too busy playing with fidget-spinners and bitching about HOW BOR-RING! And…leave it to “Aw shuckens” Looziana Senator Kennedy to tell the truth, that is:

If you poll the senators, nine out of 10 will tell you they have not read the transcript of the House hearings and the 10th is lying to you.

3 Likes

I think the senators are not surprised. They are lying because Bolton put front and center what we and they already knew. Did they believe Fiona Hill, Bill Taylor, George Kent, and Gordon Sondland were all lying? I don’t think so.

4 Likes

had their heads up their asses?

1 Like

Is there a reason Trump cannot be called?

1 Like

Honestly, they don’t listen to anything but right-wing radio and Fox News. I’m not surprised they’re shocked…they’re also blind and deaf to facts in a place where the sky isn’t blue.

1 Like

And President Obama.

That’s true, although books that are seriously under wraps don’t get blurbs. I just checked one I worked on that came out recently that I had to use a password to access on my own computer: no blurbs.

2 Likes

But that hasn’t stopped them from proclaiming shock.

They’re lying. Of course.

1 Like

When Trump started winning all those primaries 4 years ago, I thought, “This guy is going to destroy the Republican party.” Seems to be coming true.

The end of the world is the POINT! These scumbag so called Christians think the can hurry up the rapture, THAT is how they think, don’t ever kid yourself

Their lying?

Starr is now saying “impeachment is hell” like it is a bad thing. Back when he was tormenting Bill Clinton over Monica, Ken Starr very much enjoyed hell.

1 Like

Roberts is on meth amphetamine?

Great rumor!

Well I spent 13 months in a war and I can’t accept that horror is equivalent to sitting at the well of the Senate and engaging in a word game sham. What kind of “in coming” might they experience? Do they have a shit burning detail there and who walks point?

I think they are genuinely shocked. Not at what Bolton had to say but the fact that he said it. Bolton is a wingnut hero. I doubt they thought he would jump ship and stick it to Trump.

1 Like

They know they’re speaking the truth. They call them liars in hope you will believe it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available