‘How Are You All Still Doing This?’: Pundits Roasted For Painting Trump As A Newly Tamed Beast

Yeah the Villagers are back. What’s next? “You know he might appeal to the folks who wouldn’t mind having a beer with him”.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m posting this two places because it’s pretty amazing. Hands AND face:

11 Likes

and you all didn’t think the pivot was coming

tRUmp failed to shit himself, how presidential

2 Likes

Finally, days before the election Donald has become President, but is it too late? Inquiring minds…

3 Likes

To be fair, when Hale Boggs is your dad and you get a steady diet of politics at the dinner table, it gives you some insight and when there was anything to say she usually said it. The trouble is a lot of time there’s nothing much to say. Trump told a billion lies last night, like he invariably does, and his literal tone doesn’t really much matter, but if you’re on TV or have a column or whatever you have to say something. It’s this great maw that must be filled so you end up throwing in a lot of stuff that isn’t very nutritious.

8 Likes

Much has been written (including by me) on the subject of our proudly “mainstream” media types and their culture. For what it’s worth, I share your general take.

Upton Sinclair was right about this:

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

7 Likes

Tough night with Wendy? Chinese agents work him over?

2 Likes

I prefer when my dogs shit on the carpet. When they pee on it, the pee seeps in and you can’t get it out short of using almost as much bleach as a Trump Covid clinic. When they shit on it, you can pick it up with a piece of toilet paper, give the area a quick wipe with a disinfecting towel, and done.

And if people still carpet their floors in Georgetown town houses, well, they aren’t watching the home improvement shows.

4 Likes

Trump was not behaving with restraint. He was RESTRAINED by a moderator with a mute button and the promise to use it if he tried his usual bully and bluster routine.
Like most children, if you tell them what the consequences of their outrageous behavior will be, and they know you mean it, it has a remarkable effect on their attitude.

6 Likes

It’s OK. It was between consenting adults.

1 Like

Maybe Karma got snarky mean drunk & inflicted sickle cell on him?

1 Like

First, Trump doesn’t drink. He did in early adulthood and one fine evening laid on a serious drunk, and almost didn’t wake up the next morning.

Second, he’d never do it – he despises his own supporters. (Probably more than we do.)

4 Likes

It looks serious. He’ll drop 10 minutes after he confirms the Handmaid. She’ll pray for him.

3 Likes

It worked for Stormy Daniels. One spanking and he behaved, at least until he had the urge for another.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t worry. They’ll get lots of people watching the trials once Trump is out of office.

4 Likes

Is that a sign that she wasn’t missed?

4 Likes

Yes. This. I watched the PBS postmortem and was actually surprised and shocked to see their take on the debate. The debate was a blizzard of lies, an avalanche of bullshit from Trump, even if he didn’t shout quite as much this time, while Biden stuck (mostly) to fact, and conducted himself admirably. PBS driveled on endlessly about how “substantive” (WTAF???) the debate had been, some idiot pundit said it was like Goldilocks, the first debate was too something, the second was too something-else, but the third one was just right! The Both Sides is strong with the press, and it’s appalling to see this at PBS; it’s a bloody shame that clicks and views are more important than actual news and a bit of honesty.

11 Likes

My newspaper had an AP report of the surges in the virus at every "rally " stop he made in the past few weeks. He is killing his base! And they are too damn stupid to see it.
Keep it up Donnie! This may be the most important service you have provided this country.

12 Likes

And I hope the ghost of Edward R. Murrow haunts him to his dying day.

6 Likes

This phenomenon should be headlined by major news outlets. It would get clicks and eyeballs, and has the added advantage of being important and true.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available