How A Veteran Reporter Worked With Giuliani’s Pals To Launch Ukraine Conspiracy | Talking Points Memo

Why didn’t The Hill fire him?

4 Likes

Right, you barely even met the guy! It certainly isn’t like you are on a first name basis or anything… oh.

5 Likes

Much fascinating information about John Solomon here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Solomon_(political_commentator)#Reception

1 Like

“Solomon had negotiated a nearly $160,000 advertising deal”

I would also like to know how he researched the material Parnas gave him? Did he only talk to a Trump political appointee at State? Did he pick up the phone and talk to anyone at the embassy in Ukraine?

4 Likes

I don’t see how he can be marched off to jail, but his name and reputation, if he still has one, will be dragged through the mud.

2 Likes

Your guess is as good as mine. There is a reason I don’t read the Hill.

5 Likes

Sounds like something Trump would do.

3 Likes

“Oh God, oh God, we’re all going to die?”

1 Like

Solomon has been at the center of this reporting, using an angle that didn’t really make sense and pretty shady sourcing. I’m really glad to see that someone in the media decided to put his contributions in context, because it’s pretty obvious he was the conduit for a lot of the conspiracy stuff flowing out of Ukraine and into US media. Hopefully more digging shows how he became a propaganda person instead of a newsperson…at the least he really should never work in journalism again, he’s shown that he is unable to stick to the facts and is willing to carry the water for the Republican party.

2 Likes

I wonder who directed Parnus to go to Solomon? Because whoever it was had already determined that Solomon was a fellow traveler.

5 Likes

I prefer “veteran hack.”

Solomon is only a step away from being the next H.A. Goodman.

7 Likes

The Hill has always leaned right.
Solomon, on the other hand, fell all the way over.

4 Likes

Solomon is the biggest scumbag in journalism. His colleagues despise him as the liar he is. He makes Judith Miller look like a fucking saint.

2 Likes

Who ever thought that it would get so twisted and encompassing that these people would bring fake news to life and we would rationalize it could never get this bad…the depths of depravity unleashed by this sick fetid administration will takes years to overcome

“objectivity”
Drives me nuts when NPR does it also

This Solomon joker is so obviously a Fox-News grade right-wing propagandist that he should be shunned by all respectable media outlets. The fact he still is apparently employed by The Hill speaks volumes about the credibility of that particular source.

3 Likes

Right?

Was he raised by mobsters?

3 Likes

Paul McCleary, writing for the Columbia Journalism Review in 2007, wrote that Solomon had earned a reputation for hyping stories without solid foundation.[6]

1 Like

In 2012, Mariah Blake, writing for the Columbia Journalism Review , wrote that Solomon “has a history of bending the truth to his storyline,” and that he “was notorious for massaging facts to conjure phantom scandals.”[7][22]

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available