How A Conspiracy Site Spread MisInformation About The El Paso Shooter

Yes, everyone needs a weapon. I live in Baltimore - we just don’t go out at night.

Nah, it’s the stuff you use to fire up the grill.

I know why, cuz he’s the stupidest man on the internets.

@rucleare and @playitagainrowlf take some considerable offence at that.

Wonkette told me, so I have to believe it.

1 Like

One telling detail: no true Democrat would identify his political affiliation as the “Democrat Party.”

Post hoc: I see several other people had exactly the same thought.

2 Likes

Exactly why the Catholic Church threatened to excommunicate Galileo for insisting that the earth orbited the sun rather than the other way around.

2 Likes

Al n Emo, classic!

1 Like

And the sort of funny thing is that whoever wrote the “profile” doesn’t seem to know that.

Not for nothing, but would any Democrat say he or she was registered with the “Democrat Party”? That’s your tell right there.

3 Likes

That’s the only accurate version of that website.

2 Likes

I never thought I’d see the day that I agreed with something Trump said, but here we are.

3 Likes

My money’s on the bad guys.

Glock donated $100,000 to the NRA? Why, that’s almost enough to cover Wayne Lapierre’s suits for a whole year! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

We don’t need them but we get them anyway. Don’t forget that Putin is a white supremacist.

Except for the portion they spent on Italian tailoring,

Certain amount of truth to that and self defense is not a crime but at the same time the gun manufacturers must be applauding.

They’re branching out.

Any idea what the meme creator’s original language is? Sure isn’t English.

I’m running into variations of this thinking in the comments sections of The Hill and Politico. RWNJs are arguing it pretty aggressively. I was wondering where it was coming from …

Hey Guys TPM in collaboration with NYU Journalism Grad Students are working to produce an article about American Far-right media outlets spreading misinformation in Europe.

We have started a new topic on The Hive where we are seeking TPM members to help us with the reporting, We have shared further details about what we are trying to find there. It would be great if you guys can join the discussion and give us your valuable input.

TPM NYU Journalism Project: Have you seen American far-right media outlets spreading misinformation in/ about Europe?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available