House Republicans Spend Oversight Hearing Expressing Concern For Insurrectionists

She did testify.

2 Likes

I really do not understand how, supporters and participants in the Jan 6, insurrection be allowed to investigate their motives be allowed!

Something is fundamentally wrong with this line of questioning!

“Bob Hitler”

Terry Kiser who played dead guy Bernie Lomax in “Weekend at Bernies” also played narcoleptic comic Vic Hitler on “Hill Street Blues”.

2 Likes

Secret Pelosi plans to scupper the GOP, sit tight while brave & resourceful Dems work behind the scenes, Muellertime will be upon us soon, Dems will show their fighting colors very soon–we’ve heard it all before, i’m afraid. This gives you a clue about the strategy:

How did you get a picture of my basement?

2 Likes

That quote was from CNN’s Don Lemon Show, not testimony, and three years after the fact. Did she testify about it somewhere else.

“People back home are concerned about a certain class of person,”

We sure are. And we intend to vote more of you out in 2022.

7 Likes

True. But there are hundreds of McConnells and Bannons and Pences all ready to push the next racist fool into the spotlight in order to gain their own ends.

2 Likes

No, I was referring to the testimony that came out in 2019 after Trump tried to muscle Ukraine into announcing a bogus investigation into Biden. She testified at the hearing.

4 Likes

“almost let in”?

I guess that’s the same thing as being let in, then?

Two possibilities: Some police person saw a crowd of hundreds and decided they were going to break the doors and windows and get in anyway and decided to avoid violence to the building or employees.

Or some police person was on the side of the insurrectionists.

3 Likes

There is a disingenuous argument among some rightwing sites insinuating the charges against the insurrectionists are bogus because they were “permitted” into the Capitol:

Of course, Ron Johnson is at the center of this crusade to prove that these insurrectionists were just hapless bystanders who wandered into a seemingly open Capitol building on that day.

4 Likes

Many of his millions of viewers believe every word he says, as if the gospel. Both being completely unverifiable, it’s not difficult to see why they believe him.

1 Like

I am an occasional blog commenter so I can read body language quite well. Gosar, as he spoke in support of the coup that day in January and voted against democracy, was twitching like a lizard on a lava flow signifying that he’s a willing and conscious traitor to the United States. Fuck that guy.

6 Likes

This sad little tableau is everything you need to know about today’s GQP.

Deplorable is too kind a word.

2 Likes

A steady diet of stupidity fed by the GQP, Fox News, OANAN, Breitbart, Newsmax…

2 Likes

:laughing:. I had forgotten about that little gem from Gosar.

3 Likes

Yes, helpless bystanders carried by the flow of history into the Capitol. God, I can’t wait to send that moron (and I use that term loosely) packing in 2022.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Sinclair.

2 Likes

Agreed. And, that is a very empty definition of “life”. In the meantime, he’s trying to fleece them for every cent they own.

If not, you’re doing it wrong.
And it isn’t making the partially-hanged person any happier, if he’s dangling there choking (and didn’t fall to the ground and run to the nearest horse to make his escape).

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available