House Impeachment Brief Argues Trump Aimed ‘Loaded Cannon’ At The Capitol | Talking Points Memo

Former President Trump “endangered the life of every single Member of Congress, jeopardized the peaceful transition of power and line of succession, and compromised our national security,” the House argued in an impeachment brief filed Tuesday morning that sets the stage for next week’s Senate trial.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1357869
1 Like

Can AOC sue Trump for intentional infliction of emotional distress?

12 Likes

I like the strong language. Let them continue with it.
I hope they also pay attention to the fact that they are putting the repug senators on trial and work with that eye to future elections.

23 Likes

What the hell is Lindsay babbling on about ?

41 Likes

Call his bluff. Make our day.

33 Likes

It really is the Golden Age of Television.

10 Likes

Seems to me like a cornered-rat desperation move. Lindsay (who, I grant, may have been out of the loop on the conspiracy, for once) must be terrified of where the investigations will lead.

27 Likes

Loaded cannon? More like a brain-damaged Qhorde.

A badly played Qhorde?

6 Likes

Donald Trump said some very bad things about the FBI. Does Lindsey really think they will absolve Trump? How exactly?

16 Likes

But you mean AOC, I think.

5 Likes

I can’t remember a day in the last couple decades where that was not a relevant question.

31 Likes

Looks like he’s saying that the pre-planning by certain people means that you can’t possibly hold Trump accountable for his speech that morning, since people already had plans to attack.

Mx. L seems to have forgotten that Trump made more than one comment along the way.

24 Likes

Was Trump involved in those plans? What did the President know and when did he know it? What was that meeting the night before at the Trump hotel? Why did Rudy call Tuberville and ask him to object to more states (though the idiot called Mike Lee’s number instead)?

13 Likes

Thanks for posting that. I’ve been wondering what he’s thinking. Let’s open the can of worms, Pandora’s box, or whatever he wants to call it .This is the sort of thing that needs to be out in the open.

11 Likes

Also, too; He’s been holding up Merrick Garland’s AG hearing. How he can still do that, IDK ?

19 Likes

You’re not the only one who’s puzzled by Lindsey’s comments.

30 Likes

“There is no ‘January Exception’ to impeachment or any other provision of the Constitution.”

This reads like a chapter title of a 21st Century American History text book.

#JanuaryException

7 Likes

Oh right, my bad. I will fix.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I am skeptical of that. He may not have been giving recon tours to the insurrectionists in the days leading up to the assault, but he is clearly up to his eyeballs in the pressure moves against the GA SOS.

And I also think its pretty difficult to be in the Trump “inner circle” without them intentionally dirtying you up some. Its part of how they maintain loyalty.

10 Likes