House GOPers React To Trump Tweets | Talking Points Memo

Just minutes after ousted Ukraine Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch’s public testimony wrapped up, a number House Republicans defended President Trump’s Friday morning tweets attacking the career diplomat.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1262716
1 Like

Fifth Avenue Rorschach Test Complete

34 Likes

Ah, the obligatory house Trumplican whine-fest at the end of round two.
So angry, so butt-sore, so dishonest
… so laughably stupid and inept.

I guess when your embattled criminal leader shows his ass by witness tampering smack dab in the middle of the process it’s all you can do…right guys?

They collectively look like they just had the heads handed to them, and what do you know, I guess they did!

8^)

28 Likes

“I don’t know that it was an attack on the witness. It was really characterization of her resume,"

By this kind of logic, the neo-Nazi driver in Charlottesville was just clearing the road.

29 Likes

Baghdad Bob would be so proud! Finally someone up to his standards.

19 Likes

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), wrestling coach, thinks he gets to decide what constitutes witness intimidation.

I’d wager there are some legislators and prosecutors who would dispute Jordan’s jurisimprudence.

31 Likes

Did you ever even doubt the results?

8 Likes

Gooper grievance and victimhood machine working full bore.

28 Likes

Sadly, no. But it’s interesting watching him get ever closer to the ledge of fully calling for someone’s murder, and directly, not behind the kinda-sorta-plausible deniability screen, and they still don’t blink.

25 Likes

Along with some former Ohio State wrestlers. But, you know, covering for bad actors is his MO.

13 Likes

Trump tweeted that “everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad”.

It sounded better in the original Rick Wilson: “Everything Trump Touches Dies.”

38 Likes

War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength

And of course “We’ve always been at war with Oceania / Ukraine…”

20 Likes

But change just one word in the tweet and it actually makes perfect sense: “Everywhere TRUMP went turned bad.”
As has been noted many times, Dear Orange Leader is a master of projection if nothing else: he simply accuses others of what is actually true of himself. It’s pretty much his only argumentative strategy beyond straight-up insults. “I’m not a puppet – you’re the puppet” ad nauseum.

11 Likes
42 Likes

What a performance artist. Elise missed her true calling.

The “Very Silly Party.” Pythons we’re prescient.

22 Likes

Note to Elise Stefanik:

20 Likes

Trump is going to go through some things.

25 Likes

After a reporter asked whether it was a fair process for Yovanovitch, Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) argued that House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) failed to point out the second sentence of Trump’s tweet — which referred to the July phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which Zelensky “spoke unfavorably about her” — to Yovanovitch when he questioned her.

Transcript:
TRUMP: “…The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that…”

ZELENSKYY: “…On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have
any additional information that you can provide to µs, it would
be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we
administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador
to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name
was Ivanovich. It was great that you were the first one who told
me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree·with you 100%.
Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the
previous President and she was on his side. She would not accept
me as a new President well enough.”

4 Likes

What’s missing is the “Hillary Is A Giant Lesbian” poster.

16 Likes

His reaction to this second day of public testimony is worse than the first. As far as the Klowns who enable him in the House, that’s Overtime (grift).

9 Likes