House GOPers React To SCOTUS Ruling On Trump Tax Returns

Political? Oh, you mean like impeaching a president for getting a hummer? Or like preventing Merrick Garland from getting a Senate confirmation hearing?

I’m waiting for an answer McCarthy, you fucking jagoff.

9 Likes

Aw c’mon, Gym. You know if it had gone the other way you would have put on your suit coat

1 Like

And McCarthy…isn’t he the guy who fucked the Benghazi investigators over with his big fat mouth?

2 Likes

Kevin; if it was political it was done by your party. I am good with that.

It’s political cause two of your cronies voted against you?

How’s that work?

His ethics are so thin as to be “sheer” and practically indecent.

1 Like

Just can’t trust them-thar-Conservative-Activist judges; can ya?

1 Like

100% wrong. It was a crushing defeat for Trump.

False again—the courts can expedite the issue and probably will do so.
Sekulow is Trump’s personal attorney, so no one else is paying him.

5 Likes

Remember, Republicans are notoriously poor winners.

4 Likes

They have to act like that. If they show their satisfaction then everybody will realize the huge break the SCOTUS gave Trump.

2 Likes

And now the pivot: We already cooperated. We gave them everything. We’re the most cooperative administration of all time.

Unless Vlad is contributing to the cause…

3 Likes

7-2 decision. So three members of your own “team” even think you’re full of shit.

1 Like

Unless I missed something, I thought the NY case was final. Shouldn’t Vance be able to get the relevant records from Mazar’s today if he so choose?

Trump doesn’t care about about Constitutional principles. What Trump wants is to be able to maintain politically damaging information about his finances out of public view, and the court ruling has allow him to do it, until at least after the election. So yes is a clear tactical win.

Are you sure about this? Can’t it being paid from a “Defense Fund” where the major contributors are the sketchy businesses that have been receiving contracts build the wall or providing hydroxychloroquine or fake PPE to the government?

1 Like

No. They were kicked it back to lower court, from where they can be appealed again.

1 Like

At this rate who thinks that the tax returns will make any difference in November?

He’s losing in a landslide right now in the polls.

2 Likes

Every bit helps and clearcut evidence of having committed fraud with either his taxes or lenders (within the statute of limitations) would be a great retort to his “Law and Order” pronouncements.

1 Like

This is moving the goal posts. The point is that the SCOTUS is letting him hide information sought by Congress and Prosecutors for as long as he wants.

Goddamn it - not for as long as he wants at all. For as long as it takes the NY court to rule. Then he probably will appeal it but that timetable is not up to him.

@noonm - I don’t think it makes one bit of difference at this point. It might have back in 2016, but not now. Now he has a record he has to run on and it’s plenty full of shit.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available