House Freedom Caucus Says It’ll ‘Consider’ Helping Raise Debt Limit If Each And Every One Of Its Demands Are Met

Congress needs to pass a budget. It also needs to lift the debt ceiling. For months, the particulars of the coming clashes were fuzzy. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1450669
2 Likes

Piss up a rope.

57 Likes

The hostage takers are ready to negotiate.

54 Likes

Crickets. Then came the swarms of locusts.
images

8 Likes

Not that it will change a lot of minds, but I’d love to see a series of ads targeted to each of these loons’ districts, telling them just what goods and services they’ll get to go without.

53 Likes
30 Likes

Cut to the chase, Joe. Invoke the Fourteenth Amendment (“the validty of the national debt…shall not be questioned”) and the president’s constitutional duty “to see that the laws are faithfully executed.” Declare that 1917 debt-cap law unconstitutional and absolutely refuse to negotiate over raising the debt cap. Just order the Treasury to continue paying on the national debt, and dare the Supreme Court to order the nation into bankruptcy and economic calamity.

That damned 1917 law must be got rid of, once and for all. It is a standing order to the kind of extortion–the perennial playing with fire–that the Free-Dumb Caucus tries to play, over and over again.

64 Likes

Looks like someone failed to study for finals for the last six months and now has to cram it all into an all nighter…

24 Likes

But Tip and Ron are going to have a beer and solve all our problems!

2 Likes

And all they demand is that the negotiator shoots the hostages instead of them!

24 Likes

McCarthy: “It’s worked out so far for me.”

15 Likes

Sounds more like foreshadowing that they will be bargaining in bad faith… we are basically watching them attaching rollerskates to the goal posts.
“Give us everything -every damn thing - that we want … and then we will … consider … maybe … raising the debt limit”

Take 20 of these bastards and administer a truth serum … 18 of them would acknowledge that they have zero intention of keeping their side of the bargain … they would acknowledge that they intend to extract maximum retribution … for all of the times that they have been forced to honor their negotiated commitments …

31 Likes

The Freedom Caucus can kiss my “caucus,” I don’t negotiate with terrorists!

26 Likes

BREAKING: Hostage Takers Release Note Written in Crayon, Hold Gub to America’s Head.

48 Likes

I thought it was a Gud!

8 Likes

These folks can fuck right off, and when they’re done with that, they can go fuck themselves until the end of time.

11 Likes

16 Likes

And they represent how many voters in this country?

And those voters, to a person, all want a national default?

I like the first post in this thread.

They should do that with a major kidney infection.

16 Likes

In a perfect world, I’d like to see Joe take it to the brink (I know, I know) and then invoke the 14th. Put the fear of God into them.

11 Likes

Can anyone be in the Freedom Caucus, or is there some kind of intelligence bar you have to be able to limbo under?

29 Likes