House Freedom Caucus Demand Yellen ‘Show Her Math’ On June 1 X-Date Amid Talk Of Possible ‘Deal’

The MAGA-infused House Freedom Caucus on Thursday demanded that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) make Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen “show her math” on how she arrived at June 1 as the earliest date of a potential default.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1458885
1 Like

House Freedom Caucus Demand Yellen ‘Show Her Math’

Yellen: “One” (holds up one middle finger)

93 Likes

This is in line with the GOP response to Covid-19. All so-called ‘experts’ are anti-American leftist elites who are not worthy of trust. ‘Commonsense’ should be the rationale for all actions. The funny thing is that if Secretary Yellen did “show her math”, probably less than 10% of the Freedom Caucus would understand it…

73 Likes

Makes about as much sense as explaining science to their idiot voters. They wouldn’t get it no matter how much you explain it.

16 Likes

Alternately, she could deliver them 15,000+ pages of financial tables, reports, and calculations and tell them they are welcome to do their own analysis… before June 1st.

65 Likes

A “deal” is imminent and they want to hold off having to vote on it as long as they can.

48 Likes

You win so much with your perfect post.

12 Likes

I don’t see any benefit to anyone unless they plan on stalling as long as possible.

bdtex beat me to it.

16 Likes

If Hakeem Jeffries is such a whiz at centrism, why can’t he get five Republicans to sign a discharge petition, thus putting an end to the manufactured crisis?

1 Like

Is this a real comment, or are you a rare TPM troll?

30 Likes

Nah, the howler monkey caucus just wants to screech. Give them anything and some intern will eventually find something to be used out of context that they can argue about.

30 Likes

She could give then the numbers, and remind them the numbers are in ARABIC Numerals!

Yuks and hilarity ensue!

35 Likes

Because parties. This has been another episode of “where’s my fucking pony? …those useless democrats”

21 Likes

Time to play whack a troll??

Where’s our resident bouncer?

5 Likes

“Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?”

25 Likes

I am constantly amazed (and relieved…) by the relative absence of trolls on TPM. The moderators seem to be doing a great job! :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Dunno…guess we gotta wreck the country… :crazy_face:

8 Likes

The ones that do show up end up getting their butts handed to them, usually with more courtesy than they deserve.

16 Likes

As if these mouth breathers can handle any math that can’t be counted on ten fingers and ten toes.

10 Likes
17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available