House Dems Seek Kavanaugh Docs Withheld In Confirmation Fight

Top Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday requested the production of documents from Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanugh’s tenure as a White House lawyer. They pointed specifically to materials that were either withheld or not requested by the Senate during Kavanaugh’s confirmation fight.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1240799

What?

Did Kavanaugh have binders full of women in his White House bathroom?

Or just a few Sears catalogs and old National Geographics?

Wanker!

12 Likes

Didn’t he do government business with private emails? Go after those too. Who payed his debts? Why were they paid? Who funds the federalist society?

52 Likes

This seems…like the horse is already out of the barn, but also way down the road.

4 Likes

Woo Hoo! I’m assuming there will be privilege fights to come.

If any document is withheld on the basis of any claim of privilege, please describe each document by date, author(s), addressee(s), recipient(s), title, and subject matter, and set forth the nature of the claimed privilege with respect to each.

38 Likes

When Trump did his bogus FBI “Investigation” during the Kavanaugh Hearings, this was always swirling…

Even Mitchie Moscow knew that Barf was damaged goods. Which makes Collins’ actions all the more reprehensible.

46 Likes

Even if Kavanaugh stays, having the truth revealed is a kind of justice.

58 Likes

Yeah…and I’m still greedy…:laughing:

7 Likes

Off topic, but the pro-Trump ads at the top of the TPM website creep me out!!!

7 Likes

Josh wants your $$. The torment will end when you up for prime.

15 Likes

No way he got 200K in debt for buying “season passes” for friends. It was probably gambling debt and those got paid by selling rulings.

36 Likes

“The Democrats’ letter said the documents were relevant to ethics and transparency legislation Congress is considering for the federal judiciary.”

Justice Rapeydrunk, Justice Stolenseat, and Justice Pubeycoke are not amused.

70 Likes

Well, don’t tell anyone, but impeachment is always an option!

37 Likes

Oh, he’ll stay. There is no way that an effort to have him impeached would be successfully mounted.

We have a Special Counsel’s report sitting on our desk, outlining in clear detail 10(!!) clear cut cases of Obstruction of Justice committed by the President…and even after more than half of the Democratic Caucus has come out in favor of merely starting impeachment inquiries…its not happening.

Which is why I say…horse already out of the barn on this one. Short of a brain aneurysm, he isn’t leaving SCOTUS anytime soon.

4 Likes

He’ll always be a Perp in Robes no matter what shit gets released…He’ll always be tainted as illegitimate and never having been thoroughly vetted thanks to MoscowMitch and Don McGahn. He probably has some affinity for torture too seeing how he worked for the Bush League White House.

30 Likes

Samuel Chase (April 17, 1741 – June 19, 1811) was an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court and a signatory to the United States Declaration of Independence as a representative of Maryland. He was impeached by the House on grounds of letting his partisan leanings affect his court decisions…”

Granted, it’s ancient history (and he eventually was acquitted by the Senate), but if a man who signed the Declaration of Independence could be impeached while sitting on the Supreme Court…

45 Likes

A long time coming considering the numerous judicial complaints from Kavbeernaugh’s colleagues which Roberts made sure to make it moot through delays. Suffice to say, Roberts has ties that bind with Kavbeernaugh because he used to work for Kavbeernaugh’s powerful father.

Per Mother Jones, Kavbeernaugh appears to have lied:

Beyond perjuring himself, just remember that Kavbeernaugh refused more than a dozed times during his SC hearing confirmation for a full FBI probe to clear his name.

Q: What judge, let alone a SC nominee - does that, NOT want evidence to exculpate him?

A: An innocent man/woman would likely want a full FBI probe to clear his/her name!

34 Likes

They can subpoena all they want but Trump, McConnell and the Corrupted Republican judges will block every attempt to get those documents.

If the House had a backbone they would vote to impeach Kavanaugh and refuse to pass a court funding bill to put pressure on that crook to resign.

7 Likes

But then I don’t see these becuz I’m ad free. More than happy to support TPM.

10 Likes

Well, I am Prime but not Prime Ad Free. I remain, creeped out.

9 Likes