Hawley Shamelessly Accuses Dems Of Trying To ‘Silence Dissent’ After His Anti-Democratic Gambit | Talking Points Memo

Uh, is he still trying to contest the election results? If no then hasn’t he already dissented was heard and lost?

Am I missing something here?

7 Likes

And now, the punchline.

Also,

26 Likes

Ah, but the truth is everything they say is a lie, so the media is tied up. They own cable because they are willing to inflame their audience, they don’t need to own terrestrial because it is archaic and mostly for afternoon non-voters which is their base anyway.

Talk radio is underwritten since the 50s by churches that use tax-free money to ‘reach out’ to the nation, a hangover from the Cold War and still very powerful.

The reason you don’t hear from the Dems is because they don’t own any media that has real reach. Hannity is on the radio when he’s not on TV, for Pete Seeger’s sake.

4 Likes

My money’s on Cruz.

A man, who is unwilling to defend his wife and father from Trump’s attacks, knows no boundaries when it comes to his own shame.

12 Likes

Perhaps a convenient macro for your favorite text editor. The particular name attached could be a variable “Senator {treasonWeasel} today shamelessly lied about…”

4 Likes

Rubio. He’ll dye his hair, gain weight, and OD on beta carotene.

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing your opinion, Senator Snowflake. It pains me to see you victimized in this manner.

6 Likes

Hey guys, we can’t let a little thing like armed insurrection stand in the way of bi-partisanship. Come on, stop being such meanies!

5 Likes

“It is unfortunate that some congressional Democrats are disregarding President Biden’s call for unity and are instead playing political games by filing frivolous ethics complaints against their colleagues,” the Texas lawmaker’s spokesperson said.

Spokesperson for President Biden: “And why the fuck are you dragging my perfectly good name into your lame-ass attempt to deflect from your own treachery?”

18 Likes

Josh. JOSH. JOSH!!!

Give it up. You ain’t Donald Trump. Keep hurtling yourself down Donny’s road, and all you’ll find is that it’s a dead end, with vultures circling above.

On second thought…please proceed.

9 Likes

Let’s stop giving this guy, and Cruz, a megaphone.

7 Likes

The Biden administration is on top of this stupid talk by the likes of Hawley.

43 Likes

The main trouble with Hawley and Cruz is that they both believe that they are the smartest one in the room.

8 Likes

Dems need to start talking about the GOP’s definition of “unity”, As @VeganMilitia has pointed out, if Hawley and Cruz had been successful, they would have disenfranchised the voters of Pennsylvania and Arizona. Make them own that. Ask them why they think their own opinion should be more important than the legislative and judicial opinions of the people who have been put in place by those specific states. Their love of speaking in generalities should be challenged by pointing out that they could have had Congressional researchers look into the specific allegations rather than just supporting the challenges. They, of all people, had access to resources which could have answered those questions. The purpose behind having representation in Congress is to allow those people to focus on the details that the rest of us don’t have the time or resources to investigate. They chose not to do that with their resources. Ask them why they didn’t do their jobs.

14 Likes

This is all about dedication to the truth. The truth is there was no real controversy about the outcome of the election. All of the states had certified their electors and the matter had been litigated repeatedly. Trump failed every step of the way. Hawley’s efforts were simply to repeat a lie, he knew was a lie, to stir up Trump’s mob which he knew was being rallied outside the capitol. Cruz’s position is even worse. He personally incited the crowd at the rally.

14 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Thank you for pointing this out.

He knows he fucked up, and he knows he fucked up badly.

But like all dumbass Republicans, he goes by the Cheney Doctrine, which states that any apology or any admission of mistakes is a sign of weakness. Of course, ending up being one of the most hated politicians in America for spreading conspiracy theories about election fraud and seditiously fomenting an insurrection at the US Capitol isn’t exactly a position of strength, as far as I am concerned.

In confession, there is mercy, Josh! (I know that the Inquisitors used to say that to people being tortured to pieces on the rack but, unfortunately, we are not able to use it on traitors like Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz. Purple nurples would be nice, though!)

13 Likes

You would think this guy would cool his jets now instead of continuing on his inflammatory route. He will win no friends and and be ostracized except for the other wingers.

5 Likes

He really doesn’t care. Should you?

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available