Hawley’s Big ‘Gotcha’: Biden Hasn’t Rubber-Stamped Every Single Black Nominee Ever

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) wants to know: If President Joe Biden is so committed to appointing a Black woman to the Supreme Court, then why hasn’t he supported every Black judicial nominee ever, hmmmm?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1403462

Shorter Hawley:

1. The only reason a black person would ever become a federal judge is race.

2. Biden voted against some black judges.

Ergo:

1. Biden doesn’t support blacks.

Personal note: I think the problem with Hawley’s statement is that it shows he believes that #1 is true.

35 Likes

dude went to law school? graduated? passed the bar? obviously failed logical reasoning…

15 Likes

Hawley is the insufferable pseudo-inelligent guy always convinced that he is the smartest person in the room. Definitely the byproduct of smug narcissism polished by elite Ivy League institutions, which he will denigrate to be one of the fascist Proud-children mob (“Don’t worry, I’m right behind you.”) when appropriate.

21 Likes

Related:

As the brow furrows spasmodically.

Isn’t she concerned that she’s exposing herself. Collins is a fucking fraud!

34 Likes

Dear Sen. Hitler Youth,

The President’s remarks included the following:

"The person I will nominate will be someone with extraordinary qualifications, character, experience, and integrity"

Not every person fits that mold (as for proof, Justice Thomas; I could go on).

Fuck you. Strong letter to follow.

33 Likes

It’s almost as if Biden looks at a person’s record and performance as a judge and doesn’t assume all black women are interchangeable…because that would be racist. Ahem, Mr. Hawley.

24 Likes

Wellllll… if that ain’t a little racist… I mean, could have said some stock thing about picking the best qualified candidate regardless of demographics or something, but once you get into saying one demographic is fine to pre-select, but another one is somehow not fine…

25 Likes

Hawley accused Biden of just chasing after what’s “politically advantageous”

At least he admits that Biden’s stance is good politics. Which is why they’re all squirming.

13 Likes

Well, everyone who lives and breathes knows that Clarence Thomas is not the real Supreme Court Justice holding his seat, it’s Ginni Thomas.

28 Likes

To call Hawley a moronic racist gasbag is quite possibly the understatement of the year so far.

31 Likes

:rofl: Wait, should I be laughing? Come on, Missouri, Hawley doesn’t even live there.

14 Likes

They’re really not sending their best. I’m assuming he was a legacy at Yale?

7 Likes

I guess Hawley is saying that if they are black they should be confirmed automatically?
I think he’s getting his messaging mixed up here.

9 Likes

The fact that there is someone in the Senate who merits that moniker is sad, but I guess dark humor is still humor. :grinning:

6 Likes

Many fine schools enroll, and then graduate, people who are good in class but failures at life itself.

26 Likes

If I were Hawley, I would be ruminating about J6 and let some of the others handle this one…

12 Likes

The Harvard Law School motto.

15 Likes

His best defensive action is to be as grossly offensive as humanly possible.

9 Likes

So what is this fuckhead’s point? Is there one?

11 Likes