Hawley Defends Uniform Opposition To Biden Cabinet Nominees | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) on Monday defended having opposed every one of President Joe Biden’s Cabinet nominees that have passed through the Senate so far — insisting to CNN in an interview that he has weighed each pick individually.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1362776
7 Likes

They all share the fatal flaw of having been nominated by a Democrat.

44 Likes

Congratulations Missouri. This nasty little piece has now edged ahead of Ted Cruz to be the most hated member of the Senate. You showed us.

41 Likes

Hawley needs to prove he is a bigger @$$hole than Ted Cruz. I guess he is betting that Trump by 2024 would not be able to hold his shit (literally) and the Grand Asshole Party will be looking for

12 Likes

Hawley’s a fucking caricature – of Trump’s asshole.

14 Likes

“I take oppose them one at a time,” Hawley told CNN…

FIFY!

19 Likes

Just waiting for Hee Hawley to be indicted for Sedition…

8 Likes

Obviously, his strategy is working. Heaving at the back of the CPAC straw poll pack with Ivanka, Nikki and Tucker(!)

10 Likes

Hawley really ought to try tossing a coin that doesn’t say

NO!

on both sides.

2 Likes

Suck harder, #KidHitler, maybe Daddy T will let you be his Sec of Sycophancy

17 Likes

Hawley’s opposition to Biden’s cabinet nominees have nothing to do with the serving his constituents in Missouri. This is all about drawing attention to himself -no matter how dumb it makes him look.

25 Likes

Has discobot been in a fugue state for the past 12 hours or is it just me?

23 Likes

This guy is very, very dangerous. He has aspirations of being our own Mussolini. He is a model for Buzz Windrip in the novel “It Can’t Happen Here,” by Sinclair Lewis, still in print.

11 Likes

Hawley has already demonstrated that he is deeply opposed to the American democratic process of choosing our leaders, and the Constitution which established this process. His further opposition to any governance which follows the exercise of the will of the majority of citizens is in keeping with his hatred for our democratic republic and historical principles.

25 Likes

Harsh, but fair.

7 Likes

There is none so blind as those who will Nazi.

34 Likes

Or “Greg Stillson” in “The Dead Zone.”

4 Likes

“If there is someone I think will be good to Missouri, that I can defend to my voters,

You might want to think about America - you know - the country that your state is embedded in you cowardly, racist creep.

22 Likes

“I take them one at a time” and if they were nominated by Biden I vote “no”.

13 Likes

Has Hawley admitted that Joe Biden is the legitimately elected president of the US, and that claims of a stolen election are lies? If not, I have zero interest in anything else he has to say.

Hawley is a problem. The fact that the institutional Republican Party tolerates such seditionists in their midst is a bigger problem.

28 Likes