Half Of Unvaccinated Workers Say They’d Rather Quit Than Get A Shot – But Real-World Data Suggest Few Are Following Through | Talking Points Memo

I felt fuzzy headed the day after both times (March and April) and the shot site hurt a small amount but not worth a worry. When I got my flu shot (Sept 2020) I felt nothing at all. It’s time for this year’s flu shot for me. Potential third covid shot would be mid-October.

12 Likes

I checked in on her via the 5G microchip, and it turns out she’s fine.

34 Likes

True that. If you get hit by a bus today, you’ll be replaced by tomorrow. Truly amazing how many people don’t get that. :smirk:

21 Likes

I saw a 40ish guy on the local news spouting how he wasn’t an anti-vaxxer or anything but people should be able to make their own choice. When the woman interviewing him raised the point that not being vaccinated raised the risk for others around you he scoffed and said that was ridiculous.

For just a split second I wished he’d catch covid and see what all the hullabaloo was really all about.

21 Likes

That’s gone national has it?

9 Likes

What the company is doing might actually be counterproductive, because it incentivizes people who already believe shit like COVID is a hoax, to not get tested, and even if they test positive, to come into work and potentially spread COVID to those around them.

So much easier and better to simply issue a vaccine mandate.

That being said, I do appreciate the effort.

8 Likes

No doubt! A nurse who quits over vaccine mandates is going to have a really tough time finding another position in nursing where they don’t require vaccination for new hires. That’s a thing a lot of these idiots are going to discover. Some employers may not require existing employees to get vaccinated, but they will make vaccination a requirement for new employees.

34 Likes

I understand the upcoming 6G is da bomb.

14 Likes

A popular weather man (Ben Bailey) here in Detroit, quit rather than get a vaccination. I just don’t get that.

10 Likes

CDC data suggests the original strain of covid meant an infected person gave it to 2 to 3 others. With Delta it’s more like 10-12. And a fully vaccinated person can carry the virus without symptoms and infect others. Very rarely but it has happened. So that news guy had better get his head outta his ass and take a look around.

16 Likes

And if a company subsidizes their employees’ health insurance, they should remove the subsidy for those who refuse to get the shot.

18 Likes

I have to admit that the shot itself was virtually painless - the needle was so fine and the shot was quick. OTOH, I got an allergic reaction in addition to the “expected or ordinary” side effects so any booster will have to be done with guidance from my physician to keep me out of the ER. I didn’t get my second shot until mid-May, so I have a few months to figure this out.

11 Likes

Good point

11 Likes

Or bad point if you like sharp needles.

5 Likes

Acupuncture. If one can stand it then the shot’s nuthin’.

6 Likes

I guess that policy is better than nothing, but it won’t protect vaccinated workers from breakthrough infections caused by unvaccinated spreaders.

Maybe the company owners will change to a full mandate if someone vaccinated gets a breakthrough infection and can contact trace to an unvaccinated employee, and they sue the company for failing to protect their health.

9 Likes

We put the 6G in the salad dressing.

17 Likes

This was all worth it to avoid being bossed around by the email lady.

8 Likes

There are 2 (that I know of) in my company. I’m curious to see if they will actually quit.

My company hasn’t out right said Vaccine Mandate but, it’s implied. They want everyone back in the Office by end of October and only vaccinated people will be allowed in, the rest is left unsaid.

16 Likes

By and large it is working people and the poor who are reluctant to get vaccinated and their reluctance stems from mistrust. It is the elites, professionals and middle class that stood in line to get vaccinated as soon as it was possible. The Austin community on the west side of Chicago is 40% fully vaccinated. I presume the same is true in poorer black and white communities throughout the country. At the same time the right to manufacture the vaccine is being withheld from poorer countries throughout the world who are now suffering horribly from the virus.

These dots need to be connected by our progressive leaders. Working class and poor people of all races should protect themselves from this deadly virus exactly because of their long histories of not fully sharing in the benefits (including health care) of our society. Unfortunately, to date Biden has abdicated his ability to give this talk as a result of his restrictive policy on worldwide vaccine manufacturing.

Obama, Buttigieg or Sanders could make this speech: encourage those of all backgrounds “left out” of our society to get vaccinated asap and in the process chide the President to immediately invite the world to manufacture the vaccine.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available