Greta Thunberg Claps Back At Trump After President’s Twitter Attack | Talking Points Memo

They couldn’t make Trump “Man (Person) of the Year” because he would use that as an endorsement for re-election.

But not bad enough, because they keep saying they’re voting for him anyway. And I’m certain that some fairly large portion of his followers think that Greta “ought to get her ass whupped for being a mouthy, disrespectful little girl” because that’s what they’d do to their own daughters/sisters/wives.

2 Likes

O don’t be silly - Melania is egging him on.

1 Like

I am trying to imagine the hair on fire blow back if any other president of either party ever mocked a 16 year old young woman who has demonstrated a better understanding of the world she will inherent from us than those adults she is holding to account. Any other president would be excoriated. Why not trump? What does he have on his party members that they fear to reveal?

1 Like

He’d be proud of that.

Come on, honey, get that blood pressure up just a leeeetle bit higher, won’t you … I brought you more french fries, too …

1 Like

It’s not exactly psychological projection. I’d say it’s a very deliberate strategy of accusing opponents of exactly the same thing he’s accused of. (Remember "No puppet! No puppet! You’re the puppet!) That turns every argument into a he said/she said thing. Plus, it requires no extra effort at imagination or creativity (that DT’s not capable of).

Ha ha! Maybe there’s a future for us after all …

Thanks for the laugh.

1 Like

As for fake magazine covers, I think this one makes a lot more sense than Time

1 Like

Yep. But I worry its getting worse. All indications are that it is getting worse and we’re doing nothing about it when we could be making some effort to change the public consciousness.

Of course, day after day without any sunshine I turn into a bit of a pessimist. It seems to have that affect on me too and I have to go into a room during the day and turn on some lights at times to feel better.

I still have a neighbor that thinks this is all normal and its just what happens in the winter months, as if its totally normal because we’ve had bad seasons before. We have, but some of us can see the change over a longer period of time. There are so many more extreme weather events than ever now. Like they say, its the climate we’re talking about, not the weather from day to day. It all adds up over time and it will impact the way future generations including our own will live out their lives while having to adapt. I think we’re already past the tipping point that scientists warned us about.

:100: Don’t hold back…tell me how you really feel

1 Like

My pleasure.

I suffer from Seasonal Affected Disorder so I get where you’re coming from.
As for climate change I’m sure if it’s because no one stays in one place very long, or they have bad memories.

Sorry if someone up thread already posted this.

But “Trump War Room” is a part of Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign. So apparently Trump needs a war room because he’s at war with the world, but didn’t he promise to end the “stupid wars”?

1 Like

When I first heard it announced that Greta Thunberg had been named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year, I thought to myself, “Uh-oh, the Orange Man is not going to be happy about this…”

What a thin-skinned jerk he is!

At this point whomever wins the primary needs to be backed by every single voter who is not a Trumpist. Quibbling about which thing they stand for isn’t the most perfect really shouldn’t be an option this time around. Because, quite literally, anyone who is not Trump is better than Trump. I’m in my seventies, and I worry about the world I’ll be leaving to those who are younger now and those yet to come, and I can put up with a President who isn’t my favorite candidate in order to keep this ship from sinking.

I have to have faith that the people who will be running things after I’m gone will be able to overcome whatever downsides they see in a less-than-perfect President if they just don’t have to fight every single moment of the rest of their lives because they let Trump get re-elected due to idealism. As Trevor Noah says, “Ain’t nobody got time for that.”

2 Likes

Yes, finesse. Will Trump even see that she won this little battle?

1 Like

Really ?

This isn’t the first time Greta has replied to attacks by absorbing them into her bio. She may have hit on a winning formula.

1 Like

Understanding what a total constant loser he is is not one of his signature strengths.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available