Greene Cancels Launch Of Nativist Caucus After Outcry From Fellow GOPers | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) is no longer planning to launch her “America First” caucus, which espoused nativity and white supremacist ideas, following backlash from other Republicans, according to CNN.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1370237
3 Likes

She’s decided to link up with an existing national organization instead and become the Congressional chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.

49 Likes

“The Congresswoman wants to make clear that she is not launching anything. This was an early planning proposal and nothing was agreed to or approved,” Dyer told CNN…

“We’ve decided that it would be best to keep it for our ‘quiet room’ discussions.”

33 Likes

“I didn’t read it.”
“It wasn’t from me it was from some outside group.”
“No I can’t understand why they would think that I would approve of that message.”
“Can’t talk now, I’m late for lunch.”

40 Likes

Cancelled before the first episode ran. Sad

17 Likes

What a COWARD, right, guys? Let’s primary her.

21 Likes

MTG, sticking to her principles, right up until the moment she realizes that she’s gone too far for some of her idiot contributors and that her fundraising will suffer.

16 Likes

her “America First” caucus, which espoused nativity

The true Xtian roots of our country based on the teachings of white Jesus born on the 4th of July.

25 Likes

Let’s not forget that she wished to revive the architecture of Albert Speer and many of the ideals of the state that it was part.
I suspect she gave up when she couldn’t find any big names to recreate Leni Reifenstahl’s work in Triumph of the Will.

15 Likes

I’m so jaundiced now to believe the launch of this caucus wasn’t canceled because the majority of Republicans don’t believe in that repugnant ideology, but because they realize it’s a bridge too far at this time, and fear of recriminations, especially corporate donors. Now that the idea has been floated, it likely comes back at a later time.

52 Likes

That’s OK, Gosar and Gohmert will carry it on. If they can remember how to spell Anglo-Saxon.

16 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 11.54.52 AM

26 Likes

So she’s not so brave when she can’t brandish her guns in the House? None of the other GOP cowards wanted to join her and put targets on their backs? Note that Hawley and Cruz haven’t established a similar caucus in the Senate either.

The bloody January insurrection has cast a damning shadow over the entire party. Has even forced W to stand up for migrants as a way to salvage the party’s reputation.

19 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out how tantric sex evolved from Anglo-Saxon culture. She is still into that, isn’t she? And do I ask the gym guy, the pool guy, or a 17 year old? Can’t keep all these Republican sex scandals straight.

27 Likes

It’s sad. She was so sure that the cool kids would want to join her club.

17 Likes

It’s that Aryan connection waaaaay back. :wink:

9 Likes

I’m thrilled Greene has backed down but can we please stop pretending anyone in the GOP cares what Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger think about anything.

I can’t imagine Liz will be reelected and I think Democrats will have a real chance to flip Kinzinger’s seat.

14 Likes

Marjorie, you have to boil that frog
S-----L-----O-----W-----L-----Y

12 Likes

“The Congresswoman wants to make clear that she is not launching anything.

…successfully.”

14 Likes

Messaging fail. Too overt for other Republicans to plausibly ignore or feign ignorance of.

Not to worry – the marketing people are on the case and will be out with a softer, more ‘mainstream’ version of the Nativist platform.

11 Likes