Grassley, Durbin Announce Wray Hearing Amid Questions On Capitol Attack

Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Dick Durbin (D-IL) sent a letter to FBI and Department of Justice leadership Tuesday, demanding answers to a long list of unanswered questions on the January 6 Capitol attack.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1358009

So is there a link between this and whatever Graham was mumbling about earlier regarding the FBI? And why is Graham holding up the Garland hearings:

• trump has something on him?

• DoJ has something on him?

• Both?

28 Likes

So…Lindsey…you were saying???

Popcorn, please.

10 Likes

“Durbin should be the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and Grassley the ranking member, but neither has assumed his title as the Senate organizing resolution is still being ironed out. Both men signed the letter as just “senator” without their titles.”

I guarantee you that, unless Durbin has the gavel, Grassley will immediately shut down any hint of GOP (or GOP donor) complicity/coordination the FBI suggests.

It’ll be a total sh-tshow if Grassley gets to call the shots.

39 Likes

Based on what we’ve seen from Biden/Harris Congress-wrangling in the past 2 weeks, I don’t think that Grassley’s going to retain much power to do much of anything after Merrick Garland is confirmed. Biden/Harris are moving fast and punching hard.

40 Likes

Today in the “better look busy” section of the Senate…

6 Likes

The Truth Revealed: The Enemy of Donnie and the Repubs Now

Biden/Harris are quickly proving to be the best 1-2 punch since Jordan/Pippen.

12 Likes

So Moscow Mitch gave up his filibuster issue. So why the Hell are they still organizing? Blow it up and get on with it. We won!

26 Likes

Grassley: slightly less of an assh*le not insisting on his almost-vanished rank.

The answers to these questions will be interesting, because we’ll see how much of the rot is pervasive and how much is about good information that went up the ladder and then was squelched.

6 Likes

This is a start. I’ll be damned if there isn’t some really bad shit to be revealed. I hope it will be useful for the impeachment trial.

14 Likes

12 Likes

It was a false flag attack organized by George Soros and Hugo Chavez and Hillary Clinton. Just ask the “My Pillow” guy.

Oh, and Jewish space lasers. And, of course, chemtrails!

Brockman Revelations

7 Likes

Any bets we will have a new director of the FBI before June?

5 Likes

OT–
Jeff Bezos is stepping down

7 Likes

Why is this not more in the headlines??? What is the holdup?

7 Likes

“I’ll be damned if there isn’t some really bad shit to be revealed.”

“After the startling revelations of the hearings into the January 6th attacks on the US Capitol which showed massive amounts of GOP participation, Senator Charles Grassley has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his Feen-A-Mint.”

7 Likes

I read somewhere that Warner was under quarantine, but there were 99 votes for the covid legislation with only Toomey not there soooo? Maybe he just got out?

3 Likes

None of the above. This is just more Republican/McConnell/Graham obstructionism.

Better buckle your seat belts, looks like we are going to have to fight this GOP shit yet again.

7 Likes
24 Likes