Gowdy Poised To Join White House Legal Team Combatting Impeachment Inquiry

The White House has retained former South Carolina congressman Trey Gowdy — who gained prominence in conservative circles for his bombastic performance as a Benghazi prosecutor during the Obama administration — to join his legal defense against the House’s impeachment inquiry.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1254746
1 Like

Oh, good, one of the “best people”…

Hope he is as successful with saving Spankee as he was with nailing Benghazi!!! on Hills.

18 Likes

Jeez Louise, can’t this guy just disappear into the sunset? He’s bound to be a huge asset to team tRump and impeachment. :smirk:

5 Likes

We all remember how successful he was in the Benghazi proceedings. I guess Giuliani must be looking for lawyers whose skills are worse then his. And Lindsay is in there as color commentary, along with dumb (J. Johnson) and dumber (Mathis).

7 Likes

Are we the people the ones that pay for these lawyers or does the criminal in chief have to come up with the money?

9 Likes

Gowdy wants in on the grift. If nothing else, the Trump campaign is scamming lots of people out of their cash. Gowdy wants his cut.

5 Likes

Great casting. Granny Gowdy is perfect for the part.

6 Likes

All this talk of “cuts” and “parts” has me eagerly awaiting the appearance of Gowdy’s latest outrages against tonsorial science.

ETA: TBH I’d be equally happy to never see his smarmy mug again…ever.

3 Likes

This is a good fit for Gowdy as he has extensive experience being a total piece of shit.

7 Likes

So the guy from Deliverance and his buddy Nosferatu walk into a Barr…

11 Likes

Awesome - the slimy, sweating, peanut head returns.

9 Likes

Why? its not like this POS has any experience with a legitimate congressional investigation…

8 Likes

After his brilliant successes on Forensic Files, Gowdy has decided that he will call in those forensic dudes* to help him prove tRumps innocence.

*They really are scientists, but due to Republican sensibilities they cannot be named as such

4 Likes

Great addition to the Conspiracies-R-Us brain trust.

3 Likes

“The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you’re the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles.” – Trey Gowdy, June 20, 2012

18 Likes

Foul! I resent that!

2 Likes

Well, I hope Gowdy doesn’t mind working for Trump pro bono since Trump never pays anyone who works for him.

10 Likes

One night I couldn’t sleep and turned on Forensic Files … and who should appear trying to look and sound all lawyerly … Gowdy. Freaked me out.

3 Likes

Maybe beggars can’t be choosy, but if I was Gowdy I would give Trump the Minneapolis treatment, make him pay his fees upfront.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/08/trump-rallies-unpaid-bills-039631

3 Likes

When a show doesn’t quite take me to the point where I want to sleep, but adding another will put me past bedtime, I fill the space with Forensic Files :slight_smile:

2 Likes