Gov. Officials Laud Nov. 3 Election As ‘Most Secure In American History’ | Talking Points Memo

A group of government and industry officials who coordinate election cybersecurity on Thursday said that the election last week was “the most secure in American history” — sharply breaking with false claims by President Donald Trump and many of his GOP allies that his loss was due to widespread election fraud.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344467
1 Like

But what does the real expert on everything has to say about this?

2 Likes

This Trump obstruction is an application of an inordinate will. Like none other we have ever seen.

4 Likes

A fact-filled and courageous statement, which should dissuade elected officials and the public from any doubts about the veracity of the election results.

And, of course, someone will have to lose their job over such an outrageous and disloyal contradiction of the President’s stated position on the matter.

7 Likes

Alternative facts, nothing more…

2 Likes

My guess is that there were members of the GOP encouraging this statement. Questions about the Presidential election eventually leads to inquiries about down-ballot races. The Republicans want their wins certified and to move on even if the cowards are not saying it publicly.

8 Likes

And yet the lawsuits claiming massive fraud keep coming – this one’s from Wisconsin.

Basically, three MAGAhats want mail-in ballots from elsewhere in the state excluded because … evidencefreebrainfarts.

7 Likes

We can thank Donny and the Ruskies for the increased security. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

That ain’t good enough for Paula White. The botherers have got God working like a yeoman. He needs to join a union.

“God has already settled his mind” about the election, White said. “We will override any will of man over the mind of God.”

:eyes:

4 Likes

joel osteen

5 Likes

One of the suits that I saw claimed that “since illegal votes dilute legal votes the rights of voters have been violated by vote-dilution disenfranchisement” https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2020/11/ED-WI-Lawsuit.pdf
Their solution is to disenfranchise all of the voters in Democratic-leaning counties.

7 Likes

I wonder how much money have filled her coffers since she took up with the Donald?

And why hasn’t she filled a lawsuit claiming the results impinge on her sincerely held religious beliefs?

3 Likes

It’s odd that these folks always believe that G*d supports whatever will keep them on the gravy train. My Sunday School classes taught that lots of times the message was to accept the things you would really rather not accept.

4 Likes

If you have the money to file and a skeazy lawyer, you can sue a turnip.

6 Likes

Indeed. And speaking of God Botherers.

He’s in-the-guano zone crazy. And scary. Mrs. von Holst mentioned senile. “One would expect him to have better filters”

3 Likes

Depending on how deeply rooted the problem is. eh? eh?

6 Likes

God always answers our prayers and often that answer is “no”.

7 Likes

One of the first judicial reforms should be requiring the SC justices to adhere to the same rules all other judges do. The “honor system” isn’t working. Also, investigations of any judges should not be stopped merely by the judge’s resignation. See… the soon-to-be-former occupant’s sister, Maryanne Trump Barry.

4 Likes

I know this story is accurate because I understand Trump rewarded the American official who worked his ass of to protect the election by firing him.

1 Like

Though it’s sometimes hard to hear, because of all the laughing.

2 Likes