GOPers Tied To Fake Elector Scheme Set To Turn Over Info To DOJ

Republican operatives who have ties to a scheme to put forward fake Trump electors amid the then-President’s refusal to concede last year are reportedly set to turn over information to the Justice Department as soon as this week, according to CNN.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1423270

Eastman, Powell, & Giuliani, COME ON DOWN!

39 Likes

Excellent news! This crime in particular will tighten the loop around TFG and his gang most easily. It’s the low-hanging fruit.

28 Likes

Who will represent this misfits? You know things don’t look good when your lawyer’s lawyers have lawyers.

23 Likes

I’m sure there is some hungry, feisty, know-nothing attorney who will take the case.

8 Likes

Chesebro is likely the one that produced the alternafraud document templates sent to seven states’ gullible fool electors.

18 Likes

“Christ, these people are f_cked up!” – Me

11 Likes

Wow, I thought that was Lincoln.

This does seem like pretty big news. Getting the little fish to lead you to the bigger fish and so forth.

17 Likes

#TheirAssesAreKraken

22 Likes

Maybe off topic, but not really, as it all ultimately comes down to the right wing in America.

Looks like some of the locals in Highland Park are blowing the whistle on the perpetrator’s MAGA interests:

43 Likes

Not sure if these are crimes where DoJ tries to flip these people…or if they can take their documents, use them against Chump, and prosecute the hell out of each individual Frauditor.

I see it being so much more beneficial for Ds if they can use this to smear the top Rs (and top R families) in these swing states. It’s a lot of their top State R luminaries. Throwing another line around Chump is good…but if most of these folks get to just give up their info and slink back to their gang…it is a huge wasted opportunity. Chump is toast and more nails in his coffin won’t do much in November. Big huge federal election scandals that rope in your R Senate Leaders, R House leaders, and top functionaries of your state party is Dem GOLD.

They can’t answer or respond to this stuff…it’s run away from the Mic time. Pound them with it.

18 Likes

I heard/read somewhere that if these people signed the fake elector document knowing that they were fake, that’s the crime right there. They should get some sort of jail time or probation, even if they do try to trade up the food chain.

15 Likes

How about they aren’t eligible to hold public office, stuff like that? I don’t know the niceties of it all…I just think you make hay out of this till the tractor falls apart. Regardless of what DoJ or J6C does about this, Dems hopefully are loading up non-stop barrages at these fuggs. You answer every challenge from an R with “we won’t be taking any advice from the party that committed crimes, broke their oaths and public trust, attempting to steal a whole election through fraud and disenfrachise every single voter in this state. Republican or Democratic ballots, they attempted to nullify every single one…”

14 Likes

Contagion. The killing fantasy is like a dopamine punch and it spreads like a drug through the media. Damn…

6 Likes

5 Likes

And it’s been released.

9 Likes

The Republican Party: Power but little public service.

7 Likes

Remember when Hillary coined the phrase/word ‘deplorables’ to describe the Trump ditto heads? Seems like weak tea in hindsight.

18 Likes

I can’t wait until they crawl up the Oath Keepers chain all the way to General Flynn, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Rudy and Mark Meadows (on speed dial) in the Willard Hotel War Room. Some of the Oath Keepers are facing 20 years for seditious conspiracy. I bet one of them is more than happy to turn on Trump’s January 6 conspirators.

16 Likes

As happy as this makes me, we all know we aren’t going to know anything about what’s turned over. It goes into the black hole of DOJ evidence collection.

We’ve become accustomed to seeing what the J6C knows.

We ain’t gonna see what DOJ knows until there’s indictments.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available